Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 12-16-2012, 10:06 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

With 300 feet of half inch hose, I used to get about 3.5 gals per minute, at 120 lbs psi, which at my walking speed was 2.6 gals per thousand sqft. I used a white(4 gal per minute) nozzle--but only because I wanted bigger droplets for drift control.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:45 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAlmaroad View Post
I typically run 4GPM at 100psig at the hose for fungicides. I'm using 200' of 3/8" hose and a 3 tip walking boom with AI 110 tips. Good choice of engine. That price was amazing. Occasionally we get a break.
Thanks. I thought it was ridiculously cheap too. When I originally ordered the 79cc it was $99.99 on HF's website. Shipping was a flat $6.99 which brought the total to $106.98. They were quick on getting it to me also. It was sitting on my doorstep within a week. The 212cc was listed at $116.99 on the website until recently when they put a coupon out that offered it for $99.99. Everything HF says on their website about returns is true, no hidden clauses. My girlfriend and I were already going to Oklahoma CIty (2 hour drive) and I was able to walk in their store, show the coupon, pick the 212cc up off the shelf and walk out. No additional fee, no arguement, etc. The manager asked what was wrong with the 79cc I was exchanging and I just said it wasn't big enough for my needs. That was it. I'll definitely buy from them again. Like we said, for a hundred bucks you can't really go wrong. I can go through 3 of these engines before spending the same amount of money on 1 Honda. No more than I spray right (I drive a truck full time and do this on the side), I think it will suit me fine.

Larry-YardBoss Lawncare
8 years in the business.
Oklahoma Licensed Pesticide Applicator (3a)
2013 F-150
2013 Hawkline 7x16 Enclosed Trailer
2012 Hustler X-One 60", 26hp, Flex Forks, Mulch Kit
Echo Handhelds
Custom Built Sprayer

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=417009