Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2012, 11:59 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

iPad vs Laptop vs

I'm at a bit of a technological crossroads: My current laptop is aging. I've had it since college (so its about 6 years old), and was VERY good when I bought it. It still keeps up with my computing needs for the most part, but I cannot use it as a laptop anymore cuz the battery is shot so it always has to be plugged in. That doesn't bother me so much because I have it hooked up to a monitor and keyboard/mouse so basically I'm running it like a desktop anyway. I'm looking for something that I can take with me to do estimates and customer consultations. I am debating between keeping my current setup with the laptop as my main office computer for now (prob will replace it anyway over the summer when I have more money) and get an iPad or similar tablet, OR buy a nice desktop computer for my office NOW and then spend some money on having my laptop fixed up (new battery, etc) and take that around with me. If I use the laptop, I'd wipe everything off of the hard drive except my landscape design software, Quickbooks, and all of my landscape related pictures (before and after type things). That would prob make it run a little faster and un-clog it a bit haha. I don't know much about the tablets and what their abilities are as compared to a laptop for this type of use. Opinions?

My Pictures:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=302091