Originally Posted by wbw View Post
Just buy the extra stamp.
X2
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-16-2012, 06:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

yes and tacky
All Echo hand helds
<- That's how I feel at the end of the day.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:38 PM
Sponsor

Sounds like this one is covered
"Where PROFIT IS NOT A DIRTY WORD"
How to bid mowing and landscaping jobs
Manuals & CDs Available to help you make your Business more PROFITABLE & PROFESSIONAL
800-845-0499
Louisville, KY
Since 1979
Old 12-16-2012, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

When I first read "final invoice" I was thinking along the lines of you were dropping the customer. Sending their final invoice saying we won't be servicing your property next year, but have a Merry Christmas.

We send out a card. The cover has a winter scene on it and the inside has a messege along the lines of "wishing you and your family a happy holiday season" it then has my signature with president printed under it. If it is a client who is used to seeing a particular employee as a representative, for example someone on one of our fert routes, then the tech will sign it as well with fert-tech under the signature. The back of the card does have the company logo and contact info on it.

Last season I did the cards that get printed with all of the employees signatures, but chances are most of my clients have never talked to or seen most of my guys. So I only have someone sign it if they are pertinent to the account. I do try to stear away from anything that mentions anything to do with business. I have gotten then from companies who have a call of action in the card, those go right in the trash as I see it as an advertisement. Even ones that come with "thank you for your business" do not go on the mantle with the other cards I receive.

We stick with the "happy Holidays" as a large part of our service area is in a large Jewish community. We work in some of the most democrat towns in MA, some of the Christians there would probably call us out as being offensive if the cards said Merry Christmas, as they would be afraid of us offending their neighbors. What is funny we actually have a Jehovah Witness Kingdom Hall that we service, they got a "Happy Holidays" card from us as well.