Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-17-2012, 06:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryWalker View Post
Do you bill for equipment when you are only mowing a lawn? And if so, what is a good starting figure?
I also quoted you and posted this information on my facebook page. I have a few friends that are working hard at their business and I know this information will be both good and informative. It was for me.

Thanks,
Kerry Walker
www.Walkerslawn.com
kerry@walkerslawn.com
Like us on FaceBook @
Walkers Lawn and Landscape
See Our Ads on Craigs List @ Walkerslawn
Old 12-17-2012, 08:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etwman View Post
Last week I had a very rare opportunity to travel up to Toronto Canada with two of my friends who own landscape companies here in the states. We spent two days up there touring an incredible high end landscape company and spending a day with their upper management discussing an array of things.
what company is that? also there is lots of talk of books on this thread what do you feel are the best few you have gained knowledge from?
Old 12-17-2012, 09:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't really get into publicly talking about who the companies are that I have personal invites to tour. I make a point in visiting several a year if I can and have formed some incredible relationships with some of the most respected business owners in our green industry. Toronto was no exeption, as I'm sure I'll return in the future and they are welcome at my place anytime.

Start with:

Joe Calloway: "Becoming a Category of One"

"The Pumpkin Plan"
"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 12-17-2012, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I don't really get into publicly talking about who the companies are that I have personal invites to tour. I make a point in visiting several a year if I can and have formed some incredible relationships with some of the most respected business owners in our green industry. Toronto was no exeption, as I'm sure I'll return in the future and they are welcome at my place anytime.

Start with:

"The Pumpkin Plan"
Jarod-

If you ever make it out to San Francisco id be more than happy to take you on a tour of our business and how we run things around here.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-18-2012, 12:48 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Great Thread! top notch work!

-- Specializing in Quality Lawn Care and Landscape Contracting--

21 Years Old
Old 12-18-2012, 12:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Jarod-

Will you be attending GROW 2013?
Old 12-18-2012, 12:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know yet. My January is packed full of training events, conferences, and a few vacations. I will probably decide in a few weeks.
"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 12-18-2012, 12:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Start with:

Great read! Now I just need to read it again!
Old 12-18-2012, 12:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I don't know yet. My January is packed full of training events, conferences, and a few vacations. I will probably decide in a few weeks.
Im trying to clear up my schedule so I can make it out there. I have never gone before, would you strongly recommend I go?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-18-2012, 01:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
We don't mow grass anymore, and haven't for years. So I could even begin to tell you what the rates should be. Truth be told it all depends on your company, you have to know what you need to charge to cover expenses. Rule #2 of business. Rule 1 is defining your target market.

The pumpkin plan is about being focused on what you do. It's not green industry related, but a lot of it is relative. You can get it on Amazon.
That makes sense. I am kinda all over the place. I mow lawns and do landscaping as well. However, I would much rather mow, blow and go. Life is a lot easier doing so. And I will order both this weekend and will let you know what I think after reading. One more thing, will it be fine to pick your brain from time to time? I started reading your posts yesterday and got confirmation on some of my business decision and gained a ton of helpful information.
www.Walkerslawn.com
kerry@walkerslawn.com
Like us on FaceBook @
Walkers Lawn and Landscape
See Our Ads on Craigs List @ Walkerslawn