Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-19-2012, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'd say that Gravely def needs to do something with thaT belt if it indeed runs under the deck like that.

I think the plastic wheels will hold up for quite a long time if made from good plastic(s). My old Jacobsen 19" trim and rough cut pusher is 42 years old and it has ran on the original plastic wheels for all but 5 or so years of that time. I swapped them out for steel wheels with bearings to make it even esier to push, but the originals are still in good shape. That old mower has covered more ground (and a lot of really rough ground at that) than probably about any mower on this site anywhere. Still going strong too.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

My Ariens LM 21 classic has the drive belt under the deck but it has a shield that goes over it. I wonder if in this video it was just for show?

Im still a huge fan of my Honda HRC's hydro drive.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-19-2012, 09:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
My Ariens LM 21 classic has the drive belt under the deck but it has a shield that goes over it. I wonder if in this video it was just for show?

Im still a huge fan of my Honda HRC's hydro drive.
Posted via Mobile Device
Surely there's a gaurd of some sort if that's where it runs. Sticks, leaves, grass etc., would ruin that belt in short order without one.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Surely there's a gaurd of some sort if that's where it runs. Sticks, leaves, grass etc., would ruin that belt in short order without one.
Seems that way to me too.

Well, I'm calling it a day....ya'll have a good one!
Stan
Old 12-19-2012, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
After watching the vid again that part looks computer animated. Its got to be just showing the under side without guards on.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-19-2012, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
After watching the vid again that part looks computer animated. Its got to be just showing the under side without guards on.
Posted via Mobile Device
Maybe you're right, but I paused it at the point where it shows the belt, and then blew up the pic. There are three holes in the center of the blade, one for mounting and two others. The top one is located right over the belt where it is at in the pic and it is dark behind the hole which indicates the balck belt is showing though. The bottom hole is located over the silver spindle housing and the silver is showing though the hole. If it were CGI or something similar, I don't believe they'd have gone to the trouble of blackening out the upper hole to simulate it being over the belt because it's doubtful many would nocite that.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Maybe you're right, but I paused it at the point where it shows the belt, and then blew up the pic. There are three holes in the center of the blade, one for mounting and two others. The top one is located right over the belt where it is at in the pic and it is dark behind the hole which indicates the balck belt is showing though. The bottom hole is located over the silver spindle housing and the silver is showing though the hole. If it were CGI or something similar, I don't believe they'd have gone to the trouble of blackening out the upper hole to simulate it being over the belt because it's doubtful many would nocite that.
Your probably right. Im on my iphone so the vid is small.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-19-2012, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Well, as we both know, Gravely makes great equipment, so I have to believe that the belt is covered somehow when in use.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:28 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Well, as we both know, Gravely makes great equipment, so I have to believe that the belt is covered somehow when in use.
Did want to show you the deck with the belt cover in place:

Old 12-20-2012, 01:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks for the picture. Are you planning a beefed up version of this mower for full time commercial use?