Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-20-2012, 01:06 AM
LawnSite Member

Just to move away from the blow and go guys, I implemented a full service plan to all of my custom design/install clients after spending a year or so protecting their investment...and mine, at a minimal cost. Most of my clients have signed up on an annual contract with everything all-inclusive with a few select services that can be added on an as needed basis. We also offer licensed irrigation checks and chemical applications including pest, fertilization, and weed control which are included in the contract.

We maintain their lawn, trim, prune, treat fungus, pests, make irrigation repairs (billed hourly plus materials), apply mulch twice a year or as needed for a new plan. It works great, gives us "full run" on their property, and keeps my install, and their property, so much better than the neighbor. Clients range from 4,700 to 10,200 annually and are all residential in the Austin metro area.

Granted, I also have a personal interest in their property since I designed and built it, so the sell was easier than a contractor from off the street, but that is the reason I started my business...to make a GOOD name for local contractors.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:12 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLGATX View Post
Just to move away from the blow and go guys, I implemented a full service plan to all of my custom design/install clients after spending a year or so protecting their . vestment...and mine, at a minimal cost. Most of my clients have signed up on an annual contract with everything all-inclusive with a few select services that can be added on an as needed basis. We also offer licensed irrigation checks and chemical applications including pest, fertilization, and weed control which are included in the contract.

We maintain their lawn, trim, prune, treat fungus, pests, make irrigation repairs (billed hourly plus materials), apply mulch twice a year or as needed for a new plan. It works great, gives us "full run" on their property, and keeps my install, and their property, so much better than the neighbor. Clients range from 4,700 to 10,200 annually and are all residential in the Austin metro area.

Granted, I also have a personal interest in their property since I designed and built it, so the sell was easier than a contractor from off the street, but that is the reason I started my business...to make a GOOD name for local contractors.

This is the only way to do things and I believe it's truly my company's niche, designing, installing/constructing something amazing and selling the client into a full service maint program. That way, you have full control of everything and issues, if any, are easily fixed.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-20-2012, 02:46 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JContracting View Post
This is the only way to do things and I believe it's truly my company's niche, designing, installing/constructing something amazing and selling the client into a full service maint program. That way, you have full control of everything and issues, if any, are easily fixed.Posted via Mobile Device

This is a very valid point

93 F150
94 Chevy 1500 8'6" Western
96 GMC 1500 7'6" Western
98 Chevy 8'6" Western

8x30 Tandem
6x12 Single

Snapper WB Z-Turn 48" (Trac-Vac)
36" WB John Deere Z-Turn (Trac-Vac)
John Deere F510 Z-Turn 38"
Toro Personal Pace 21" Mowers
12,000 sq. ft Shop

21 year old

Youtube: www.youtube.com/BOSSLAWN2343
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Derrel...5569495?ref=hl
Old 01-01-2013, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLGATX View Post
Just to move away from the blow and go guys, I implemented a full service plan to all of my custom design/install clients after spending a year or so protecting their investment...and mine, at a minimal cost. Most of my clients have signed up on an annual contract with everything all-inclusive with a few select services that can be added on an as needed basis. We also offer licensed irrigation checks and chemical applications including pest, fertilization, and weed control which are included in the contract.

What size lawn do the higher end monthly billing range from? This seems like a great contract to be in because they won't have to worry about a single thing in their yard. When you say bill them for material and hours is that just for the mulching and irrigation?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-01-2013, 09:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunton Guy View Post
Like I said most of the time we try to only market and take on new yards in neighborhoods we have lawn in or really close by. So we have a general idea of how much time it takes to get the leaves out and to the curb to be sucked up. Worst case scenerio I use my best judgment...I haven't been in the game forever (11 years) but I have done a lot of leaf removal so just staring up at the trees for a few minutes helps give me an idea of what kind of trees & how many leaves we will be dealing with.

Also when I visit a new property I have a list of questions I ask and write down the answers. Getting them to walk through the lawn and describe as much of it as possible really helps give me a idea of what we are getting our selfs into and gives them a chance to really see that we are LISTNERS and that we care. I think it really helps in the selling process that we listen and ask a ton of questions. Usually at the end of a meeting we get a hand shake and a " thank you" " you asked so many questions that we have never been asked before"

Lately I have come in as much as $40-60 and even as high as $80 more per month on residential lawns...and been able to sell them on a few key skills that their current providers are missing out on (communication !!!)
If you don't mind me asking what questions do you ask them?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-01-2013, 10:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green-Man View Post
If you don't mind me asking what questions do you ask them?
Posted via Mobile Device
I want to know why they are looking for a lawn service. What they liked and did not like about the last company. What they want they were not getting. It gets the converstation going.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:49 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
I want to know why they are looking for a lawn service. What they liked and did not like about the last company. What they want they were not getting. It gets the converstation going.
Those are great points I like that a lot I'm going to start doing that, and if they hear that coming from a 17 year old I would think they would be impressed! THANKS A LOT!
Posted via Mobile Device