Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-2012, 11:05 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Awww the shame of it all my thread has been corrupted by people who not only eat fast food but openly brag about it. When working if and when we stop its always a deli and if I choose to eat out its Ruth's Chris steak house or Pepe's Pizza or at the very least Outback. In a free country where you have a choice on where you eat I don't know how you ever pick the fast food.

Back to the bi weekly's mine tend to be sickly lawns and very fast cuts. 10 mins per on more then half of them. The advantage of a bi weekly is in drought times you seldom skip them where the weekly's can blow a hole in your schedule.

So while my numbers aren't close to yours Darryl at first glance I am on them for a very short time. 30 works out to about 20 on my partners list and 10 on mine so he has typically 10 to do in 3 days so it adds only 3 per day to his list each week (he does 30-35 per day) and that's less than and hour per day for him. Me its even less than that about 5 on each week so less than 2 per day. Our numbers are lower because we do not have the clean ups to bump up those numbers. And the point I was making was we were finding that's a good thing. We wouldn't have the time to get to them all anyways. So this gives us extra cuts with out the problems all those extra accounts would cause trying to get to their clean ups. Much like some of my new developments are they have thick lush grass and are often beautiful lawns but the developers tend to remove all the trees so all thats there are little ones that got planted at the time of construction 5-10 years back. And whats sweet about them is they often do not require nor want fall clean ups and thats a good thing it allows you to pack more cuts in your year with out the clean up hits.

Some of you out there actually advertize for fall clean ups we haven't done that since our first season in 2003. We work for our contracted clients and we still seldom finish each fall there is no room to take more work in fall and hasn't been in 9 years. So I was looking at the 16.4k the bi weekly's made us as good money with no strings attached. And that makes me wonder why some here constantly put down lawn cuts and talk up all the other stuff. I am quite happy with the 5500-6000 we bring in a week mowing lawns Wednesday thru Friday. Id like to see that number grow to 10000 its the extra work that holds us back and I was thinking perhaps the bi weekly's aren't so bad it if allows for a fuller schedule when it matters.