Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-10-2012, 06:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Look into what popular mowers are in your area and what commercial companies use. Stop by a couple of dealers to get an idea of what machines they recommend. In the Spring the dealers have mower Expo's with amazing deals.

-Michael

2006 GMC Sierra 2500hd crew cab
BOSS 8'2" Power V
Hustler X-one 60"
Toro Proline 36" wb w/t-bar controls
Toro 22"
Shindaiwa T254, Echo trimmers, chainsaws, pole hedge trimmer, pole saw, hedge trimmer
Shindaiwa 633 and Echo 760LN
Old 12-16-2012, 08:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysLawnCareDelaware View Post
Look into what popular mowers are in your area and what commercial companies use. Stop by a couple of dealers to get an idea of what machines they recommend. In the Spring the dealers have mower Expo's with amazing deals.

-Michael
I agree, what dealers are close to you? You don't want to drive an hour plus away if something goes wrong. once we get a list of dealers nearby we can help narrow your search.

Old 12-18-2012, 08:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

There are 3 or 4 within my county (15-20 minutes), I don't know how the one guy is still in business with the crap he pulls.

Suburban Lawn and Equipment is the top dealer in my area and they make sure they take care of their Commercial clients first. They sell Exmark, Toro, Scag, Hustler, Walker, Cub Cadet, Honda (snowblowers/generators), Echo, Stihl, Boss snowplows.

-Michael

BOSS 8'2" Power V
Hustler X-one 60"
Toro 22"
Shindaiwa T254, Echo trimmers, chainsaws, pole hedge trimmer, pole saw, hedge trimmer
Old 12-19-2012, 03:01 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
There are 3 or 4 within my county (15-20 minutes), I don't know how the one guy is still in business with the crap he pulls.

Suburban Lawn and Equipment is the top dealer in my area and they make sure they take care of their Commercial clients first. They sell Exmark, Toro, Scag, Hustler, Walker, Cub Cadet, Honda (snowblowers/generators), Echo, Stihl, Boss snowplows.

-Michael
My bad, I just re-read what I wrote...the 'I agree' part was for what you said, and rest was for the OP.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:31 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by C & T Landscaping View Post
My bad, I just re-read what I wrote...the 'I agree' part was for what you said, and rest was for the OP.
We knew that.....well at least I did.

I used to have an Exmark dealer just a few miles away but they closed due to death of the owner. Another shop opened not far away but they were terrible and didn't last long. Now I have to drive about 1/2 hour for parts and service...not all that far but even that can be a pain sometimes.

When it's time to replace my Exmarks I'll probably go with Bob-Cat because that dealer is within 5 miles and excellent, based on my dealings with them and my Shindaiwa handhelds. The thing I really like about them is that they actually stock parts. There's another Shindaiwa dealer nearby but you could buy a new handheld off the shelf and not be able to buy a spare air filter and spark plug for it without them having to order it. I think my shop is better stocked with parts than theirs is, lol.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thank you Darryl, time for me to stop posting all together on this site.

BOSS 8'2" Power V
Hustler X-one 60"
Toro 22"
Old 12-19-2012, 05:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Thank you Darryl, time for me to stop posting all together on this site.
I really don't know what your problem is with me. Do you have some sort of persecution complex or something? I just re-read everything I've written in this post, and other than being redundant in mentioning two brands that had already been mentioned, I don't see where I said anything that could possibly be considered offensive even by the most sensitive individual.

Who thinks that anything I've said in this post is out of line and in any way offensive?
Old 12-20-2012, 12:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G View Post
Who thinks that anything I've said in this post is out of line and in any way offensive?
I generally don't comment on these types of posts but I honestly don't see any thing either.....