Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-20-2012, 03:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
umm I have yet to see someone die from being shot in the foot or leg.

you think I would actually shoot to kill over a trimmer???

my aim isn't the best but its not that bad. what the point in carrying or owning a firearm if you can't use it to protect yourself and property? I'm not gonna sit back and watch someone steal my stuff if I have a glock in my pocket that's just dumb.
Your Point of "umm I have yet to see someone die from being shot in the foot or leg. "

Yes I have to many times to count there called ateries cut one count to 11. BINGO your now being tried for 2nd degree murder.
Serious if you are threatened use what ever you feel is needed. Stuff can be replaced a life can't. Thinking you can use a weapon such as a gun or knife to protect property is as you put it just Dumb.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:48 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

quite frankly I don't really feel the need to justify or explain myself to you.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:12 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

357 and decided NOT to carry. Stays in my safe.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
quite frankly I don't really feel the need to justify or explain myself to you.

Its ok buddy your right you dont have to I retired from law enforcement
Old 12-20-2012, 07:51 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herler View Post
Every adult who acquires a weapon allows even more children to have access to them.
Weren't you banned topsites?
Old 12-20-2012, 08:00 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pietro View Post
That would be funny to see you defend in court. He tried to steal a $200.00 weed wacker, so I shot and killed him Your Honor. Thats called Murder my friend. Deadly force is justified only when someones life is in danger, not a freaken weed wacker. There is no need to carry a gun while mowing lawns just get some damn insurance!
Depends on the state. In mass or NJ you would go to jail for sure. Ever hear of Joe Horn or Castle Doctrine? It really depends on where you live whether or not you would go to jail over shooting someone for stealing from you.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Hor...ng_controversy

Check that out. By the way, I'm not saying I disagree with you that it isn't justified to shoot someone for stealing from you. I'm just saying that it is legal in some states that if you feel you, your family, or your personal property is threatened you can legally shoot. There are some people that just shouldn't have guns ehh hmmmm(yardguy28)
Old 12-20-2012, 08:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
umm I have yet to see someone die from being shot in the foot or leg.

you think I would actually shoot to kill over a trimmer???

my aim isn't the best but its not that bad. what the point in carrying or owning a firearm if you can't use it to protect yourself and property? I'm not gonna sit back and watch someone steal my stuff if I have a glock in my pocket that's just dumb.

When you point a firearm at someone and shoot it...that is called Deadly Force. You dont shoot someone to "hurt or injure them"....even if you shot someone and they didnt die, its called Attempted Murder or Assault with a Deadly Weapon. Its pretty simple really. You would be in jail. Even if you just POINTED the gun at them, you would be close to jail.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:45 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

you guys who are trying to educate me about the laws are for one thing talking to a brick wall.

for another thing, I think I know what I'm doing. it's not like I haven't checked into what I can and can not do regarding my weapons. and it's not like I don't know people who have done just that and the law never bothered them even for a second.

I have a buddy who came home to a robber in his house. the robber tried to run with whatever he had in his hand and my friend shot him in the butt. police came but all they did was get his story and he filed charges against the robber. police left, robber went to hospital to treat the gun wound and my friend went inside his house and about his life.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:44 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
you guys who are trying to educate me about the laws are for one thing talking to a brick wall.

for another thing, I think I know what I'm doing. it's not like I haven't checked into what I can and can not do regarding my weapons. and it's not like I don't know people who have done just that and the law never bothered them even for a second.

I have a buddy who came home to a robber in his house. the robber tried to run with whatever he had in his hand and my friend shot him in the butt. police came but all they did was get his story and he filed charges against the robber. police left, robber went to hospital to treat the gun wound and my friend went inside his house and about his life.
No one would think to try to educate you. You are incorrigible. You have every right to protect your parent's basement from intruders.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:45 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:

Yea I agree you do as you think is best..But when you use a senario like your buddy use he was in his yard...not "I have a buddy who came home to a robber in his house"

Its not the same thing as your original post. Good Luck