Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-21-2012, 02:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Re-starting my company- have the truck-trailer... Engagement ring?? lol

So I finally got the truck narrowed down and bought it... still looking for dedicated work truck though.

bought a 2004 f150 stx off my dad and have a gatormade trailer lined up...

so kicking back this past sunday I look over at my beautiful girlfriend and realize how much she's put up with... i was going to go out and get a used zero turn... looks like I'll be getting a walk behind for a little less instead because I booked us a cruise and bought her an engagement ring for christmas...

Taking the PLUNGE!!! so let's hope she says yes ha!
Old 12-21-2012, 02:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Congrats. Been married for 3yrs. I love mine to dearh. She puts up with my crap. And is due may 27th with our first child
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-21-2012, 02:39 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Congrats Sometimes it's good to use our money for things other than iron.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks guys!! I've had the ring since this past Sunday and it's been burning a hole in my pocket lol... going to propose on Christmas...

two days ago I met up (secretly) with her dad at a local bar and showed him the ring and asked for his blessing... thank lord he said yes lol the mans 6' 4'' and a solid 250 ha!

I have a 3 an a half year old and his mom bailed on him at 11 months so finding someone that my son gets along with so well was amazing. Can't wait to ask her to be my wife!

Yes very true... i'll take a walk behind for another year or so then get a zero turn... at least I'll have a beautiful wife by my side by that point.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:12 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Congrats man!! I think having a wife and a delay of upgrading to a ZTR is certainly worth it!
I definitely like the deal of secretly asking her dad.

I look forward to the day I find a legit girl and ask her father if I can marry his daughter.
Exmark TTHP 36"
225 Gal MN Wanner Skid Sprayer
8' Boss RT3 Straight Blade

Licensed Applicator

Graduate - Anoka Technical College w/ Associate's in Hort/Landscape - May 2013
In business since Feb 2011
23 Years Old

When you have systems, you have control.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JContracting View Post
Congrats man!! I think having a wife and a delay of upgrading to a ZTR is certainly worth it!
I definitely like the deal of secretly asking her dad.

I look forward to the day I find a legit girl and ask her father if I can marry his daughter.

Thanks man!!! I was with my kid's mom for 2.5 years and I thought I had the right one ha. This relationship I have now is something so different... I'm 21 and she is about to be 24... has her act together... (bought a house at 22, car paid for in cash... savings account building up) she has been doing really well for herself... and is very open with me and my son... she she's herself as another member to the family and treats my son as her own... so meeting someone that understood me and what I work for was awesome. She's a keeper that's for sure.

She has no idea I bought her a ring... I've been playing the money is tight past 2-3 months because I was saving up for it... so she'll def have a christmas to remember!

and if she doesnt say yes (God forbid) then I'll have me a nice zero turn ha!
Old 12-21-2012, 05:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer Cut View Post
Thanks man!!! I was with my kid's mom for 2.5 years and I thought I had the right one ha. This relationship I have now is something so different... I'm 21 and she is about to be 24... has her act together... (bought a house at 22, car paid for in cash... savings account building up) she has been doing really well for herself... and is very open with me and my son... she she's herself as another member to the family and treats my son as her own... so meeting someone that understood me and what I work for was awesome. She's a keeper that's for sure.

She has no idea I bought her a ring... I've been playing the money is tight past 2-3 months because I was saving up for it... so she'll def have a christmas to remember!

and if she doesnt say yes (God forbid) then I'll have me a nice zero turn ha!
It's a win, win!

That's awesome to hear. I'm jealous you have someone that really has her stuff together! More so than I do! Still live with my parents, unfortunately, I'm searching for houses as I type this, just need another year or so and a couple big profited installs for a 10-20% down payment and I should be set. My truck is definitely not paid for either! Lol.
So we're the same age, I had thought you were a little bit older than I am but I was wrong. I pretty much quit trying to find girls because all I'd end up with is a girl that's dumb as hell and doesn't understand anything in regards to real life. A girl that's a couple years older or the same age and has gone through school has a career or a business of her own and most important, has the maturity level I have, would be ideal, but extremely tough to find!
How'd yall meet?
Exmark TTHP 36"
225 Gal MN Wanner Skid Sprayer
8' Boss RT3 Straight Blade

Licensed Applicator

Graduate - Anoka Technical College w/ Associate's in Hort/Landscape - May 2013
In business since Feb 2011
23 Years Old

When you have systems, you have control.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Congrats man that's awesome. I proposed to mine in September. It great to have someone with a good head on her shoulders and believes in you. The mowers will come in time.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-21-2012, 07:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

A new ztr would of been a lot cheaper
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-21-2012, 07:56 PM
LawnSite Member

There's no way from a money point of view a ztr is cheaper. Plus it's not just about money it's happiness and a life together. Things money can't buy.
Posted via Mobile Device