Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-21-2012, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Member

EXMARK lazer z JACKSHAFT ASSEMBLY QUESTION

happy holidays fellas.....i have a question for the exmark lazer z owners..

last week i engaged my pto on the lazer z 60 mower and sparks started flying from under the machine. apparently the top sheave on the double sheave exmark 103-3046 bolted onto the jackshaft assembly exmark 103-9746 came loose and is now grinding on lower sheave......QUESTION are these two sheaves one part or can i replace just the top one. the bottom larger sheave is still on and seems ok. the bearing in the shaft also greased and okay....
I have pulled the whole jackshaft assembly out of the machine and cant seem to get the jackshaft pried out ...exmark 1-643393....any hints on this

any help guys ...much appreciated
Old 12-21-2012, 11:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GARDENGATE View Post
I have pulled the whole jackshaft assembly out of the machine and cant seem to get the jackshaft pried out ...exmark 1-643393....any hints on this
3046 is a double pulley. the shaft 643393 is really just a large
shoulder bolt. I rebuilt one a few years ago, and if I remember right, I use a large deep socket to fit over the threaded part and knocked it out with a hammer. Either way, a little PB Blaster on both sides will help.

The primary function of an Engineer is to make it difficult for the Fabricator and impossible for the Mechanic

RTFM What a concept

Old 12-24-2012, 03:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezmister View Post
3046 is a double pulley. the shaft 643393 is really just a large
shoulder bolt. I rebuilt one a few years ago, and if I remember right, I use a large deep socket to fit over the threaded part and knocked it out with a hammer. Either way, a little PB Blaster on both sides will help.
hey breezmister thanks i tried you method and got it out easy.....took abit of wd40 and a beating .....thanks...
how many bearings are in the jack shaft . I have one on both end of the shaft and what seems to be some sort of spacer or collar in between them.. its actually moving in there and has to be aligned with the two end bearings to get the jack shaft in.........is this you experience ?
Old 12-24-2012, 08:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GARDENGATE View Post
its actually moving in there and has to be aligned with the two end bearings to get the jack shaft in.........is this you experience ?
Yep, sounds like it, it's not a problem, just take your time, it will line up.

2 bearings, I think they are the same as the bearings that I used to rebuild the spindles on old bobcats, 2 inches od with a 1 inch id, but don't hold me to that.

If you are going to replace the bearings, go with either Fafnir or NTN.

The primary function of an Engineer is to make it difficult for the Fabricator and impossible for the Mechanic

RTFM What a concept