Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-19-2012, 01:44 AM
LawnSite Member

SAP for expenses in lieu of QB?

I am thinking of ditching QB all together and using SAP for logging all income and expenses. I know that I will lose some reporting capabilities but I am ok with that...I think. Is anyone out there doing this? If so, do you have any regrets for not using QB or another accounting software? I will have my assistant balance the bank account each month. Thanks.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:39 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabee24 View Post
And do you just have a single phone line to your home for your business? I assume you have a cell phone and pay a reasonable amount of money for it.

There is a reason they charge what they do. And it is worth it at least for me,

Don't do the client portal, don't do the website, don't do the qb sync if you don't think it's worth it. Put all your data on one computer, and then let it crash and loose it all, then you will understand
There are ways to back up a computer for less than 5 bucks a month.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:25 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by klogan011 View Post
How is the update working our for everyone. Is anyone having an issues? If so what are they?
We're taking prepays and renewals for 2013 right now. My bro says he likes the client screen section better.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:08 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've been loving the update to SA. The overlays popping up instead of jumping to a new screen is one of the best things but I feel there is a lot more detail available to you at the tip of your fingers instead of having to scroll way down a page to get to it. Especially on the client screen where additional contacts are listed just under the client info and the account balance area shows the details of what is prepaid, uninvoiced, due, etc.

The new scheduling system is great. Love that my jobs show up on the calendar and I can add to dos into the days route as well. Will be even better when I can sync it all with my Google Calendar.

I love the new ticketing system as well. Being able to create multiple to dos within one ticket is just brilliant. If you don't use the ticketing system, you have to at least give it a try.

I've run into some glitches but I will give them some time before I start fussing about them not being fixed. As far as the payroll, I do think they said don't try to make that work yet as they had some issues they are fixing in the next several weeks.

If you don't want to pay the price, I can understand that, but I know how much time this software saves and the peace of mind it gives me. Accounting and books are not my thing and if you have trouble keeping up with them, this software will force you kindly and easily to stay on top of everything. Just for that, its worth it to me.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:03 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Are there any features for tracking maintenance on trucks and equipment inside of SA?
Old 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM
LawnSite Member

no
supposedly that is what they will be working on next
Old 12-23-2012, 10:44 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Ya, I'm not sure exactly how to track that, but I think a clipboard in the shop with everything listed and tasks to check off and date at specific intervals.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:10 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

A quick excel spreadsheet would do that as well. But it would be nice to have it in SA.

My biggest bug is a iOS app. Which Johnathan says is coming out in Feb. Hopefully it comes through. I am really liking the new design and things defiantly flow a lot better.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maelawncare View Post
A quick excel spreadsheet would do that as well. But it would be nice to have it in SA.

My biggest bug is a iOS app. Which Johnathan says is coming out in Feb. Hopefully it comes through. I am really liking the new design and things defiantly flow a lot better.
Yes, an app that works quickly instead of having to be connected to the web would be great. I guess we'll see if its out by Spring. They make a good product but don't seem to hit their deadlines very well.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:12 PM
LawnSite Member

We are located in Canada and I have been looking at getting the system for our company. I was so excited about it because I hear so many good things but my concern is the company keeps 'dropping the ball' and I am worried about it.
I tried to sign up online on Thurs and I ended up speaking to Mac who said we could do it over the phone. He had the same problem on the signup page...you can only choose United States (not Canada). He said he would speak to Jonathan later in the day and have him rectify it...it's Sunday and haven't heard a word...sounds like they don't want my business.
The only reason I am sticking it out and giving them a chance is the great reviews. It scares me that they aren't as big as they make themselves out to be. Is this how it is going to be every time I need answers or assistance?

Anyone out there in Canada using it?? How is it working out for you? We are currently using CLIP...what info can you export from CLIP to SAP?