Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 12-02-2012, 01:36 PM
T Scapes's Avatar
T Scapes T Scapes is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Garnet Valley PA
Posts: 1,002
very nice skid what kind of plow are you planning on putting on the machine
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 12-23-2012, 12:58 PM
ringahding's Avatar
ringahding ringahding is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Stillwater, MN
Posts: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat 320D LRR View Post
very nice skid what kind of plow are you planning on putting on the machine
That will have to wait til next winter, I am tapped out of $$$$...For now working side by side with one of my plow trucks @ commercials
__________________
12 Ram 4500 Diesel Dump
08 F250
05 F350
04 Chevy 3500
04 F350 Diesel
3 60" Toro Zmaster/Lesco 48"
3 8'2" Boss V-Plows
Hiniker 9'6" V-Plow
20' Enclosed trailer/16' Open trailer
18' Skid Loader Trailer
2012 S185 Bobcat 2-Speed


Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 12-23-2012, 04:39 PM
LandFakers's Avatar
LandFakers LandFakers is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 5,696
Good looking machine. Wish i could could buy one just to play around in
__________________
Rob

PlowSite-SnowFakers
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 12-23-2012, 06:05 PM
ringahding's Avatar
ringahding ringahding is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Stillwater, MN
Posts: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandFakers View Post
Good looking machine. Wish i could could buy one just to play around in
Thanks man!
I had not touched a skid steer in 10 years...let me tell ya, it is like riding a bike-->>>> You never forget how fun it really is.
__________________
12 Ram 4500 Diesel Dump
08 F250
05 F350
04 Chevy 3500
04 F350 Diesel
3 60" Toro Zmaster/Lesco 48"
3 8'2" Boss V-Plows
Hiniker 9'6" V-Plow
20' Enclosed trailer/16' Open trailer
18' Skid Loader Trailer
2012 S185 Bobcat 2-Speed


Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 12-23-2012, 08:17 PM
Landrus2's Avatar
Landrus2 Landrus2 is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Big apple
Posts: 4,691
Sweet toy have lots of fun in snow. Good luck
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 12-23-2012, 11:42 PM
Fwilamosky Fwilamosky is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 278
i don't recall the hps on all the bobcat models but does the s185 able to lift a 2000 pallet?
__________________
2007 GMC Sierra
2011 Bobcat 61in Procat
48in Snapper Pro WB
26in Exmark Metro
Honda Push Mowers
Stihl Trimmers
BR-600 Blowers

O-H-...
Not my President
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 12-24-2012, 11:08 AM
scotts lawn care's Avatar
scotts lawn care scotts lawn care is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Frederic WI
Posts: 471
Hey Ring - how is the new machine lately been for your commercial jobs?

Do you think it is any more efficient, or faster then a truck with a V-plow? I plow some commercial lots and 2 gas stations where a skid might be nice, except for having to trailer the skid around.
I think a skid would be able to get real close to the gas pumps compared to a truck. Thanks.
__________________
13' Chevy 2500HD Duramax
13' JD 661R Quik Trak 61"
11' JD 930A Z 60"
05' JD F1445 Diesel 72"
13' Bobcat T650 CTL
08' Haulmax 24' Enclosed Trailer
11' JD JS 26 W.B.
12' BOSS 9.2 V-XT plow+Wings
Stihl hand held eq.
10' L.W. 13hp blower
13' Permagreen Triumph
WI certified pesticide applicator
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 12-24-2012, 11:24 AM
djagusch djagusch is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: MN
Posts: 3,435
What I have found on the 2 storms so far on my s205 that a 79" snowblower can do 120 hoa units drives in 3 hrs. The snowblower option is very sweet. I'm rented a case for another set and the 7ft bucket is very slow. Ordered a 8ft blade and been told expect to cut times in half.

While you might not want to buy a attachment depending on how this year plays out you may save the attachment price in labor/fuel.
__________________
Looking for blown Kawi 29HP DFI engine's fd791d, whole thing, intake, throttle body, and electronic's. PM me if you have something you would like to sell.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 12-24-2012, 11:27 AM
Landrus2's Avatar
Landrus2 Landrus2 is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Big apple
Posts: 4,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotts lawn care View Post
Hey Ring - how is the new machine lately been for your commercial jobs?

Do you think it is any more efficient, or faster then a truck with a V-plow? I plow some commercial lots and 2 gas stations where a skid might be nice, except for having to trailer the skid around.
I think a skid would be able to get real close to the gas pumps compared to a truck. Thanks.
If you have two operators it will be. If you solo and have to trailer the skid to every location it will slow you down.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 12-24-2012, 11:38 AM
Landrus2's Avatar
Landrus2 Landrus2 is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Big apple
Posts: 4,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by djagusch View Post
What I have found on the 2 storms so far on my s205 that a 79" snowblower can do 120 hoa units drives in 3 hrs. The snowblower option is very sweet. I'm rented a case for another set and the 7ft bucket is very slow. Ordered a 8ft blade and been told expect to cut times in half.

While you might not want to buy a attachment depending on how this year plays out you may save the attachment price in labor/fuel.
Down side to blower is when you get 2 inches of snow or you catch a loose Belgian block that will take you off service
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
skid loader , skid steer , snow , snow plowing

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:04 PM.

Page generated in 0.08215 seconds with 9 queries