Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-10-2012, 01:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Some more progress, it's slow, but there's more office space under the floor that has to be stripped, so it's getting there.

I realized how much of a contortionist you have to be at the end of the day to grease these Bobcraps, I've never gotten so dirty greasing this thing.

Lifting it off the second floor for the main floor clean up. I was prayin' it would fall off so I could get the company 277C in, nope.

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 12-10-2012, 09:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

You must have short little t-rex arms.. I've never gotten dirty greasing mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 12-10-2012, 09:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

every one knows you dont grease a rental????? i thought that was common knowledge
Old 12-10-2012, 09:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Oddly enough I remembered the exact angle you need to get on the grease gun when doing the bottom of the main lift cylinders down by the rear wheels. But the stupid grease zerks from the main tilt pins? What a stupid idea! You need to take the bucket off and roll the quick-tach down. No wonder I switched to Cat back in those days.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-10-2012, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Services View Post
every one knows you dont grease a rental????? i thought that was common knowledge
Good point, and it's a Bobcat. Such a waste of cheap grease.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-16-2012, 12:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I spent another week on site, still no love for Bobcat, but, it's got a full cab and it does cut down on dust, but it ain't no Caterpillar.
I'm really hating steel studs and drop ceiling tracks, what a PITA to remove. But there is progression being made.
The "battering ram" arrived on site, 14 feet long, it really didn't work that well, but it made knocking down the ceiling and HVAC ducting much easier and fun.

Removing the boiler from the boiler room, I do love these "zoom boom" machines.

Then the big toy arrived, but there was some confusion over what would work better, I wanted a true shear head, and all I got a pulveriser, so we tried a few things, but sent the pulveriser back to get the head swapped out for the shear.
"Chicken Beak", suitable for 30" thick concrete with rebar, and a shear inside the throat:

"Lobster Claw" better suited for steel, can handle a bit of concrete, but just a bit.

Tight squeeze, but it went fast for the first section.

2 hours later:

2 hours the next day:

View from above:

Local contractor was brought in with his S205 and hammer to go a 24" grid line, the concrete is fractured and breaks faster after I pull trusses down.

Next stages will be pulling the beams down, and after the floor is gone, the elevator shaft structure and 3 walls that are 28 feet high will be knocked down, I start with a jackhammer to get a start on the top, and use a pulveriser on the rest. Another 2 weeks for sure.

Old 12-16-2012, 01:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Services View Post

I have never even seen a gease zerk on a rental. I thought they deleted the grease zerk option when they order them for rental fleets.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:26 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Plans changed, the decision was made to pull the shear off, as some one thought it was "stressing" the building too much, so they went to plan B which was using the zoom boom and torches. So I carried on with the battering ram, after 3 days of that I was ready for a neck massage and a beer.

And yes, that is a Deere, and yes, I absolutely HATED it, couldn't load a truck as fast as the Bobcat, lacked loader/bucket speed and it had even less dump height. Not too mention I have a grease stain on my knee from a glob that fell off the top of the bucket cylinder. What a stupid loader design!

The elevator shaft stands alone, that all comes down too.

32 loads of concrete went out so far.

After the holidays the interior walls come down with the nibbler.

Old 12-24-2012, 11:48 AM
LawnSite Member

Ron why dont you like bobcats surfwood where a awsome dealer
Old 12-24-2012, 05:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeD300DumpTruck View Post
Ron why dont you like bobcats surfwood where a awsome dealer
If I had known that this job was this big and with a Bobcat, I would have turned it down, I can't stand the prehistoric control system. I prefer the Cats, greasing a Bobcat is a lesson and a game of hide-and-seek.
Surfwood and Bobcat Country have merged FYI since last year, the owner of Bobcat Country sold to Surfwood.
Posted via Mobile Device