Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-24-2012, 12:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Wheel blower (it won't do any substantial harm to ground cover), big backpack blower or shredder-vac. I usually use a backpack blower and will touch-up with the shredder-vac if necessary. A Kombi or a conventional handheld blower just doesn't have the power to do it efficiently.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with what others have said, but if you really need power in tight areas the trick is to use two blowers at one time. I turn on my br600 (stihl backpack), then throw it on my back, while it idles I start my bg55 (stihl handheld blower), and run them both at the same time. This allows me to blow two directions at the same time which is good for getting around corners, freeing up the leaves, etc. Also if it's a big leaf clean up I'll have another guy on the Walker either on the lawn or out in the street sucking them up.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Another tip, and to me it goes without saying...blow the leaves out of the bed instead of trying to work them all through it. I once watched a guy across the street from a cleanup I was doing work a pile of leaves all the way across a pachysandra bed the length of the house rather than just blowing them out into the lawn....duh!!!! I don't know, maybe he was working hourly, lol.