Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-21-2012, 08:02 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuttingEdgeLandscapes View Post
There's no way from a money point of view a ztr is cheaper. Plus it's not just about money it's happiness and a life together. Things money can't buy.
Posted via Mobile Device
How long have you been married?

The second sentence made me warm and fuzzy inside, my wife says it all the time..... right before she takes my plastic to go shopping
Old 12-21-2012, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

congrats man, best of luck
Old 12-22-2012, 06:48 AM
LawnSite Member

Not even married yet. But I know what you mean about that.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-22-2012, 05:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

is this lawnsite or lovesite? lol
Old 12-24-2012, 10:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

haha... well guys she almost found the ring box (had it stuffed in my shoe in the closet) she decided at 4:30am this morning that she wanted to clean the closet lol... but I was able to steer her to do laundry ha to give me time to re hide it.

SOOOO I pop the question tomorrow sometime when I feel is right...
Old 12-24-2012, 10:28 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JContracting View Post
It's a win, win!

That's awesome to hear. I'm jealous you have someone that really has her stuff together! More so than I do! Still live with my parents, unfortunately, I'm searching for houses as I type this, just need another year or so and a couple big profited installs for a 10-20% down payment and I should be set. My truck is definitely not paid for either! Lol.
So we're the same age, I had thought you were a little bit older than I am but I was wrong. I pretty much quit trying to find girls because all I'd end up with is a girl that's dumb as hell and doesn't understand anything in regards to real life. A girl that's a couple years older or the same age and has gone through school has a career or a business of her own and most important, has the maturity level I have, would be ideal, but extremely tough to find!
How'd yall meet?
I was selling insurance for State Farm and we were in a conference together... we kind of caught each others eye... spoke just a minute or two... she emailed me saying I was disruptive at the conference because I kept cracking jokes... we talked for a week or two I asked her out on a date.. about a year later we live together... just bought a puppy last month, are looking for rental properties to buy and she's supporting me 100% to go back into this industry... I couldnt have found a better one!

I was actually in the same situation as you about not finding girls... I had a nice apartment I lived by myself with exceptions of my son, new car good job (was in lots of debt though because I was 20 and thought I could afford my $25k car, $800 apartment, health insurance, car insurance and some credit card debit on top of it!!) we started dating and I actually went belly up bankrupct lost everything... I tipped toed around for a few months doing every thing I could for extra money... i thought when i told her I was filing bankrupcty I was going to lose her but she stuck by myside...I saved up money to buy my truck and going about everything almost 100% debt free. I have some medical bills that I owe that were not discharged fully but still working around those.

And I got $1500 off the ring because I kept joking with the lady selling it to me and she kept adding discount after discount... So it became less expensive than I wanted to spend on a zero turn thankfully lol

Last edited by Lazer Cut; 12-24-2012 at 10:35 AM.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Great story.
Nice deal on how you got the price lower and lower on the ring, funny how that works sometimes. Good luck to you tomorrow!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-24-2012, 04:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Good luck on tomorrow. I just got engaged couple weeks ago. The ring was burning a hole in my pocket. Mine rolls her eyes every time I mention buy more lawn stuff.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

She said yessss!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-26-2012, 01:46 AM
LawnSite Member

Congrats!!! I've been married 3 1/2 awesome years and have a little 16 month old daughter. I never new I could be this happy. I hope you find that too.
Just make sure you put as much work into the relationship as she does and never take her for granted!! Merry Christmas!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer Cut View Post
She said yessss!!!!!!!!!!!!