Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 12-24-2012, 08:46 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by big daddy b View Post
........You definitely don't have a full 6" on the bottom left side of the picture. I don't think that spot is even wide enough for snap edge.
Wow. You're really a miserable individual at this time of year. It's Christmas. Most people are pleasant.

No computer bud. Mobile device

There is clearly at least 6" of base in the bottom left of the pic. There is sand covering it up. The sand you see is on top of the base. There is a portion of a shadow and the sand has been walked on making it hard to tell. At least 8-inches. But if you actually take the time to look at the picture, you know - the time you spent typing miserable comments - you would see this. But your mind is clouded with attempting to be as nasty as you can.

You can see there is plenty of aggregate and then the shadow starts and we have walked on the excess sand, what do you think the base just suddenly stopped where the shadow is?! Amazing.

Have a GREAT holiday And may 2013 be a terrific year for you and your family.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by DVS Hardscaper; 12-24-2012 at 08:56 AM.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillwater View Post
Theirs no way I could do all that cutting in 2 hrs or anyone on my crew. I would need more than 1 saw going. And when putting a proposal together I would never factor just 2 hrs. For that amount of cutting that's just silly.
Posted via Mobile Device
The amount of time consumed for cutting / mitering pavers is often downplayed the same as the time required for daily clean up at the end of each working day.

I'm not sure when, but we will be installing a 1,890 SF patio sometime this winter. For the most part it's rectangular in shape, no curvey radiused outter perimeters and borders. BUT there will be just under 2 full days of cutting pavers!

The patio is boxed in. Meaning one side is the dwelling, and the other 3 sides are retained by a huge retaining wall. So we will have mitering on all 4 sides (yes there will be mitering required along the dwelling for existing logistical site conditions.) Not to mention the multiple deck posts.

In the middle of the patio will be something like 48-linear feet of NDS's Dura Slope drain boxes that will be flush with the pavers. Just mitering the pavers to fit around the drain will easily take 2 guys 6 hours (12 MH). And to top things off - at this stage in the project we won't be able to run the saw close to where we're working because it will get dust all over the pavers and house! So this means the saw must be stationed at least 50-feet away from the furthest end!

No matter how one tries to spin it, no matter how big one's Wacker is - There simply is no Smart Phone App that can/will speed up paver cutting. (plate compactor that is)

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.

Last edited by DVS Hardscaper; 12-26-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:29 AM
LawnSite Member

Maybe a faster cutting blade would help? lol
Old 12-27-2012, 10:53 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by latux87 View Post
How true. I always say you get what you pay for!
Old 12-27-2012, 01:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Not always, only if you are a smart shopper!
Old 12-27-2012, 02:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by latux87 View Post
LOL

Do faster cutting blades come with a bigger carberator, performance pipe, silencer, and run on CAM2 race gas?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-27-2012, 02:59 PM
LawnSite Member

That's next years model....lol
Old 12-27-2012, 05:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS Hardscaper View Post

There is clearly at least 6" of base in the bottom left of the pic. There is sand covering it up. .
Posted via Mobile Device
Those are 4x8 pavers right? If you added one more paver on the outside of your border, In a soldier course the same as you have, that would fall right off the side!

It looks like you have about 2'+ of base extending past the right side, I figured the walkway moved more left then expected... and wheres that GEOtextile hanging out of the sides?!?
Old 12-27-2012, 06:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbailey52 View Post
Those are 4x8 pavers right? If you added one more paver on the outside of your border, In a soldier course the same as you have, that would fall right off the side!

It looks like you have about 2'+ of base extending past the right side, I figured the walkway moved more left then expected... and wheres that GEOtextile hanging out of the sides?!?
The walk is installed on a slope. After the aggregate was placed and compacted I came through on the loader on the upper side and shaved about 8-10 inches of earth out at an angle, tapering down to the walk. So where you see soil/or don't see aggregate is where I graded the soil down to taper into the walk. And the soil is over the aggregate, which gets backfilled with soil anyway.

All our jobs have not one, but two layers of fabric. The first layer under the aggregate is usually way greater than needed, never less than needed. After the base installation is completed, lines are painted for where the pavers will go, and the 2nd layer is cut to go within the lines, wasting very little, and exposing very little past the sand When you work with me - you learn to become very diligent and you learn that I am very specific with no room for nonsence.

You more than welcome to check out my website and attend a paver installation seminar in an area near you:
www.andrewhardscape.com/fanclub/seminartour

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.

Last edited by DVS Hardscaper; 12-27-2012 at 06:19 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I signed up, but if I dont get free door hangers, and a jacket im going to be pissed.