Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 12-28-2012, 09:30 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandalatA1Sprinklers View Post
If it was designed correctly you should not have stripes. Do you have matched precipitation rates? Are you using water soluable fert? Liquid will not give you problems like the water soluable.

Thanks for the semper fi wetboots!
Matched PR means nothing here. DU is what you are looking for, and you will never get 100% DU in a sprinkler system .... EVER! Also, people that think that you can run fertilizer through your sprinkler system without having to perform maintenance to remove biological buildup are wrong.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:41 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
Matched PR means nothing here. DU is what you are looking for, and you will never get 100% DU in a sprinkler system .... EVER! Also, people that think that you can run fertilizer through your sprinkler system without having to perform maintenance to remove biological buildup are wrong.
What is DU? I would be willing to bet that he does not have MPR. Before I became a factory authorized installer I talked to dozens of contractors that have installed the EZ Flo. Once they switched to liquid they had no more problems.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:05 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
What is DU? I would be willing to bet that he does not have MPR.
DU = distribution uniformity, a term you should know if you are going to advise people on their irrigation systems. Also, there is no such animal as MPR. It is physically impossible to match PR in a given area with a sprinkler system.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:15 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
DU = distribution uniformity, a term you should know if you are going to advise people on their irrigation systems. Also, there is no such animal as MPR. It is physically impossible to match PR in a given area with a sprinkler system.
well not to sound like an idiot but wouldnt du be the same thing as mpr? I know you cant get exact mpr but you can get it close enough to avoid stripes in the lawn. been in the business a lot of years and went to the rain bird acedemy and have never heard the term du
Old 12-28-2012, 10:23 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
well not to sound like an idiot but wouldnt du be the same thing as mpr? I know you cant get exact mpr but you can get it close enough to avoid stripes in the lawn. been in the business a lot of years and went to the rain bird acedemy and have never heard the term du
No offense Randal, but if you haven't heard of DU then you need to go back to the academy. Matched precipitation rate applies to sprinkler nozzle output (in this case) in a given area. It has essentially no meaning with respect to the entire area being irrigated. In other words, just because you have "matched" precipitation rate between your nozzles in no way means you have a uniform PR over the entire area ..... a.k.a. DU.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:41 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
No offense Randal, but if you haven't heard of DU then you need to go back to the academy. Matched precipitation rate applies to sprinkler nozzle output (in this case) in a given area. It has essentially no meaning with respect to the entire area being irrigated. In other words, just because you have "matched" precipitation rate between your nozzles in no way means you have a uniform PR over the entire area ..... a.k.a. DU.
no offense taken. I fully understand what you are saying.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:56 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
no offense taken. I fully understand what you are saying.
I just went back in my books frfom the rb acedemy. we just touched on du and i had a note in my book saying they teach more about it in an auditors course.

DU= avg catch in the lowest quartile divided by the avg catch overall x 100

derived from the Coefficient of Uniformity (CU) formula

you are a pretty smart guy Kiril, where did you get all your knowledge? The auditors course is on my list of classes I want to take.

its stuff like this that makes me laugh when a homeowner thinks we just go throw pipe and heads in the ground and call it a sprinkler system.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:33 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I just went back in my books frfom the rb acedemy. we just touched on du and i had a note in my book saying they teach more about it in an auditors course.

DU= avg catch in the lowest quartile divided by the avg catch overall x 100

derived from the Coefficient of Uniformity (CU) formula

you are a pretty smart guy Kiril, where did you get all your knowledge? The auditors course is on my list of classes I want to take.

its stuff like this that makes me laugh when a homeowner thinks we just go throw pipe and heads in the ground and call it a sprinkler system.
DU doesn't necessarily have to be for the low quarter. It has been suggested the low half is a better value to use. These are the values I calculate for catch can audits with respect to DU and PR.

UCC
Cu
DU25
DU30
DU50
DU75
UCCw_ave
Cuw-ave
DUw_ave25
DUw_ave30
DUw_ave50
DUw_ave75
PRave
PR25
PR30
PR50
PR75
PRw_ave
PRw_ave25
PRw_ave30
PRw_ave50
PRw_ave75
Old 12-28-2012, 11:51 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
DU doesn't necessarily have to be for the low quarter. It has been suggested the low half is a better value to use. These are the values I calculate for catch can audits with respect to DU and PR.

UCC
Cu
DU25
DU30
DU50
DU75
UCCw_ave
Cuw-ave
DUw_ave25
DUw_ave30
DUw_ave50
DUw_ave75
PRave
PR25
PR30
PR50
PR75
PRw_ave
PRw_ave25
PRw_ave30
PRw_ave50
PRw_ave75
I was just giving you the definition from the book. not trying to get in a pi$$ing match with you.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I was just giving you the definition from the book. not trying to get in a pi$$ing match with you.
That's no pisn match, post more often.
Posted via Mobile Device