Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-24-2012, 03:54 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

ummm NO!!!!!

illegals have NO rights period. or at least they shouldn't.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:00 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

SC is a right to work state and companies are moving here for that very reason, the downside is companies pretty much do as they please, with no backlash from the state. The state loves it because they can proclaim themselves as a corporate friendly state and recruit companies from all over the world, without ever looking at employee satisfaction. When boeing moved here to get away from the unions, all they talked about was they would pay the same wages as they did in washington state, but now people are seeing that it's not the wages that's the issue, it how management treats the associates, that's the BIG difference, as is the case with most all the big companies now. Who cares if you make $30-40 a hour if you get treated like crap day in day out.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:07 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

see I don't go for money like that.

I'd rather make $10 an hour where I get treated well and enjoy my work rather than make $30-$40 an hour and get treated like sheot.

but that's off topic.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Why would you not pay your guys?they are in your truck with your equipment and should be paid to get there and back.law or not it's the right thing to do.put the shoe on the other foot ,would you do it?

I read a story about an illegal immigrant worker who was working under the table,was injured and sued the employer and won.employer was fined forced to pay illegal worker a fairly large sum of money.the illegal worker was deported with a fat bank account ,morale of story,illegals do have rights ,like it or not.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyboy View Post
I have both you can not have a business with out them here I treat my guys like my family because with out them I would have nothing
Posted via Mobile Device
Do not give me that crap. I live in Texas and compete very well using legal employees. I might not make as much profit as the cheaters but I sleep well.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I have both you can not have a business with out them here I treat my guys like my family because with out them I would have nothing
Posted via Mobile Device
Your a foul one Mr. Grinch. Your all over this site posting about ways to screw dimes out of your guys. You have an 8 year employee bailing over your lunch crap. Your business is built on their backs and will fail by your hand. Treating them like family my azz!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-25-2012, 02:36 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

The point I was trying to make was treat your guys fairly and try not to be an ass to them, sometimes it's hard, but usually they do the right thing, if they feel like they are being treated right. It's a known fact that money is usually not the top priority at the job, work environment is huge these days, if they do a good job tell them, give a lil bonus to show your appreciation when possible.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:01 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Their done when they reach their own cars weather thats at your shop or the job site if they just met you there. Unless the employee had to picked up and dropped off at his house then you got a reason not to pay someone for the ride home provided you do not go strait to the shop and make him unload.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:14 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
I do but I have one crew that works 1 hour away each day
Just throwing it out there
Posted via Mobile Device
They are in your truck they are on the clock.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

You can pay them by the job but you must track time and make sure they do not go below minimum wage. That is not going to work for most guys so if you pay them by the job you should make sure they actually make more money. The benifit to you is they work harder and faster so everyone makes more money.

I have not set up piece meal work yet but strongly considering it.