Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-26-2012, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Going from door hanger to direct mailer

Do you think the info should change much going from the flier to direct mailer? I see alot of people do direct mailers and pretty much stress one service? What are your thought from ones who do direct mailers?

Mike
All walkbehinds here
Scag 72" 20hp Kohler
Scag 52" 18hp Honda
Scag 52" 17hp Kawasaki
Scag 52" 17hp Kawasaki
Stihl backpack blowers
Echo trimmers
And a bunch of other shi*
Old 12-26-2012, 11:05 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

subscribed via Mobile Device
Old 12-27-2012, 06:07 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You can market any service you want. I choose to market limited services on my direct mailers as a part of my marketing program.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:25 PM
Sponsor

If you have not found a place to do your printing yet, check out A'Deas Printing (www.adeasprinting.com) We have different specials going on, one including out direct mail post cards. We have a special right now for 5,000 post cards with our stick-it feature for $.27 ea including a saturation rate postage and addressing, the only thing that would be needed is the mailing list, which we can help you obtain if needed as well.
We have designers on staff that can help with the design if that is a service you need as well. If you'd like more information or have any questions on any of our other products just let me know! My name is Glenda and you can reach me at 1-866-778-4254 or by email at glenda@adeasprinting.com
Old 12-30-2012, 01:06 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

With direct mail you need to think about what angle you are going to use to differentiate yourself from the ton of direct mail others are sending. You need to come up with a very good design and stick with it so it starts to get stuck in peoples minds. Do not use the crappy mailing lists the direct mail places offer.

Go to a place like Info USA and get quality filtered database information. As far as printing goes I've found Cactusmailings.com has the best quality printing, card stock, and price. I tried some of the places on lawnsite and they were about 10 cents higher then cactus per card.

You need to do direct mail in quantities of 5000 to get a decent price. I spend about 1600 - 1650 for 5000 or about 33 cents a card. I would never do saturation mailings because the amount of waste would raise my true cost per card to about 50 cents.

If you buy a mailing list take some time to look up some of the addresses and make sure they match the requested sample.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/