Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #391  
Old 12-31-2012, 03:52 PM
Pressedun Pressedun is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 35,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnMan19 View Post
Yeah, they are but the 2 cycle ones seem to last forever.
Yup, believe mine needs a new belt, didn't have the time to fix it with the recent storms so I just bought a new one. Hope both of them last 10 more years!
__________________



2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 Dbl Cab
2014 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 Reg Cab
2013 Chevy Silverado 3500HD 4x4 Dump

More lawn equipment than I probably need.



www.prestonlawnscapes.com

My work - http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=351577&page=13
Reply With Quote
  #392  
Old 12-31-2012, 03:58 PM
LawnMan19's Avatar
LawnMan19 LawnMan19 is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: South Hills of Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressedun View Post
Yup, believe mine needs a new belt, didn't have the time to fix it with the recent storms so I just bought a new one. Hope both of them last 10 more years!
Yeah, with all the snow it's tough to find time to fix something in between storms, and at lest once you get your other one fixed you'll have a backup. I'm sure they'll lest you a very long time.
__________________
'' hard workers never slack and slackers never work hard.''
Reply With Quote
  #393  
Old 12-31-2012, 04:04 PM
Pressedun Pressedun is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 35,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnMan19 View Post
Yeah, with all the snow it's tough to find time to fix something in between storms, and at lest once you get your other one fixed you'll have a backup. I'm sure they'll lest you a very long time.
That's always the key man, having a backup just in case something goes down. My dump went down plowing the other day... needed all new rotors/calipers/pads. Always something!
__________________



2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 Dbl Cab
2014 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 Reg Cab
2013 Chevy Silverado 3500HD 4x4 Dump

More lawn equipment than I probably need.



www.prestonlawnscapes.com

My work - http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=351577&page=13
Reply With Quote
  #394  
Old 12-31-2012, 04:24 PM
LawnMan19's Avatar
LawnMan19 LawnMan19 is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: South Hills of Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressedun View Post
That's always the key man, having a backup just in case something goes down. My dump went down plowing the other day... needed all new rotors/calipers/pads. Always something!
I know anymore, I always try and have an extra for everything. Cause if you don't have it you can't get the job done, that sucks about your truck I was just thankful this past Saturday I was heading out to start clearing some driveways early in the morning and my truck wouldn't start thankfully it was only a battery and I was up and running in about a half hour.
__________________
'' hard workers never slack and slackers never work hard.''
Reply With Quote
  #395  
Old 12-31-2012, 05:23 PM
kawasaki guy's Avatar
kawasaki guy kawasaki guy is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 7,191
nice setup!
__________________
-Charlie
"The kid who cuts lawns(plus everything else in between), and does it quite well.
You name it, I probably have it!

Click here for my work and equipment thread!
Reply With Quote
  #396  
Old 12-31-2012, 07:17 PM
Pressedun Pressedun is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 35,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnMan19 View Post
I know anymore, I always try and have an extra for everything. Cause if you don't have it you can't get the job done, that sucks about your truck I was just thankful this past Saturday I was heading out to start clearing some driveways early in the morning and my truck wouldn't start thankfully it was only a battery and I was up and running in about a half hour.
Close one eh?!? Just got the dump back, stops on a dime now!
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #397  
Old 12-31-2012, 07:26 PM
LawnMan19's Avatar
LawnMan19 LawnMan19 is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: South Hills of Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressedun View Post
Close one eh?!? Just got the dump back, stops on a dime now!
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah, I was getting ready to call a buddy of mine to do them. If I couldn't get a battery quick but it pays to know a real good mechanic. Glad you got the truck back, hope it didn't do to much damage on your wallet.
__________________
'' hard workers never slack and slackers never work hard.''
Reply With Quote
  #398  
Old 12-31-2012, 07:30 PM
Pressedun Pressedun is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 35,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasaki guy View Post
nice setup!
Thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #399  
Old 12-31-2012, 07:31 PM
Pressedun Pressedun is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 35,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnMan19 View Post
Yeah, I was getting ready to call a buddy of mine to do them. If I couldn't get a battery quick but it pays to know a real good mechanic. Glad you got the truck back, hope it didn't do to much damage on your wallet.
Yep, gotta cover your butt and it hit it pretty hard... $1400 but what can you do?
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #400  
Old 12-31-2012, 07:47 PM
LawnMan19's Avatar
LawnMan19 LawnMan19 is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: South Hills of Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressedun View Post
Yep, gotta cover your butt and it hit it pretty hard... $1400 but what can you do?
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah, you just have to hustle that much harder to make that back on top of everything else.
__________________
'' hard workers never slack and slackers never work hard.''
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Layout Style:





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.com™ - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:18 AM.

Page generated in 0.08084 seconds with 10 queries