The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-31-2012, 07:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Another poor snowfall!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-31-2012, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I was really wanting to use the 2 stage today. If it keeps snowing overnight it may accumulate enough to make some cash.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-31-2012, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Par Lawns View Post
I was really wanting to use the 2 stage today. If it keeps snowing overnight it may accumulate enough to make some cash.
Posted via Mobile Device
I just bought a snowblower too. All week been ready to use it, make some extra money, and get out of my house. As of now there is less than 1/8 of an inch on my driveway and customers are cancelling for tomorrow. Frustrating!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-03-2013, 12:33 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Okay guys, a little help here. I'm wanting to make sure I'm clear on Mo/Ks DOT laws. I have a Honda Ridgeline and pull a 5x12 single axle trailer. I'm safely under 10,000lbs so do I need to get DOT numbers? Also, do we need some sort of reflective tape on our license plate? What are the limits of gasoline you can have in containers at any given time? It asks on the DOT website if you are going to be hauling hazardous chemicals, gasoline was one of the selections. I'm new to this and want to make sure I'm legal. I have my trailer licensed and insured. I also heard that I have to have a fire extinguisher mounted in the truck/trailer? Is this true? I've done some searching and can't seem to come up with the answers I need.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Par Lawns View Post
Okay guys, a little help here. I'm wanting to make sure I'm clear on Mo/Ks DOT laws. I have a Honda Ridgeline and pull a 5x12 single axle trailer. I'm safely under 10,000lbs so do I need to get DOT numbers? Also, do we need some sort of reflective tape on our license plate? What are the limits of gasoline you can have in containers at any given time? It asks on the DOT website if you are going to be hauling hazardous chemicals, gasoline was one of the selections. I'm new to this and want to make sure I'm legal. I have my trailer licensed and insured. I also heard that I have to have a fire extinguisher mounted in the truck/trailer? Is this true? I've done some searching and can't seem to come up with the answers I need.
Lucky you! With a Ridgeline you should be fine with 5 Gallon Jerry cans. Once you step up to a 3/4 ton diesel(in my case) you have to have inspections, physicals, driving records, training, drug checks. There's a lot more I'm forgetting but for now you should be okay. Like i said though once you step up to hauling more, driving bigger trucks that's when you'll need to get Dot numbers.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have been wondering that myself. Just upgraded to a 3/4 ton. Its a gasser, so not sure on everything else. I can alwways check with my INS guy. Hey Above Par, I see you are in Blue Springs, got some things out that way. I would like to catch up with you. PM me.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Where do you guys buy your sod from? I'm near Blue Springs/Grain Valley area. What do you pay per pallet of fescue and blue grass?
Old 01-09-2013, 07:44 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Paradise Tree, $155.00 Pallet/Less Delivery
Old 01-09-2013, 07:52 AM
LawnSite Member

When I need sod I get it from Briggs Sod farm in Pecular. They also offer delivery.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:01 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I got from Briggs 1 time. They were not to nice on price with me. Plus that was a drive for me. These guys are 10 min from me.