Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-24-2012, 11:06 AM
LawnSite Member

New ZTR

I am in the market to buy a ztr. I would like to spend under $3000. I know I will not get much mower for that price but times are tough. I have been looking at toro. Any suggestions and or opinions are welcome thank you in advance, Happy holidays
Old 12-24-2012, 04:26 PM
LawnSite Member

For homeowner use, I don't think you can go wrong with the Toro unit. The Toro is a good value for the money. In my opinion, Toro has some of the best mulching systems around - at least in the residential market. Toro has an excellent dealer network and parts availability.
The best advice I can give you is to buy your mower at a local mower dealer. Regardless of whether it is a Toro or brand xyz, your dealer can set your mower up properly and most independent dealers test the equipment before it goes out the door. They also have units available for demonstrating the features of the mower and how they may or may not benefit you. Also, if you have a problem, they will know you from you purchasing it there.
Lastly, I know that some companies have deferred interest purchasing plans. I know Toro does from personal experience. In the case of Toro, the plans are good, as long as you pay off the balance by the end of the promotional period-just like any card. I have purchased my Toro 3650 snow thrower and my Toro SR4 mower this way. Both were purchased at Toro dealers/small engine shops and I have been very happy with both purchases. Happy Holidays - maybe Santa will leave you a Toro ZTR under the treehttp://www.lawnsite.com/images/smilies/smilie_flagge13.gif
Old 12-25-2012, 08:35 AM
LawnSite Member

I have a Time Cutter Z4200 and I really am not impressed with it (maybe they have made some improvements):

1. No suspension system so gives a very rough ride.
2. Has mulching kit but does not mulch very well like my old Deere did.
3. Rear wheels project out past the mowing deck just enough to make getting up real close to objects difficult without bumping into them with the deck.

#3 is very important if you have a lot of obstacles to mow around.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:10 AM
LawnSite Member

I just noticed yesterday that Hustler has a new mower called the Raptor. It has a Kawasaki engine and MSRP is only $2799, might be worth a look.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doobs41378 View Post
I just noticed yesterday that Hustler has a new mower called the Raptor. It has a Kawasaki engine and MSRP is only $2799, might be worth a look.
Yes indeed! The Raptor is brand new and Hustler now has a mower for that 3K price point so many people are looking for.

Linky dinky
http://www.hustlerturf.com/products/raptor.html
Echo SRM-210
Stihl BR-600 Magnum
Stihl FS90
AMSOIL In Everything I own
Old 01-13-2013, 12:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Right now you can get zero financing on mowers. Why not put down your three grand finance the rest on a commercial mower. Heck locally they have the hustler super duty on sale for 5000. Buy commercial use it all your life then will it to your kids