Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-02-2013, 10:38 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLewis View Post
Above Par,

I think the lettering is nice. Basic. Professional. Not bad for your first year. Better than most I see around town.

That being said, If your aim is to grow your company a lot (and I understand that's not everyone's goal) then you eventually need to have a vehicle lettering concept that is duplicatable and memorable. The goal is to create brand name recognition. So that everyone remembers your trucks and your name over the others in town. They may not remember your name per say, but when you roll up to their house they should be saying or thinking, "Oh yah! I know this company. I've seen them around town for years." That's instant credibility and it's worth gold!

I like your idea of getting a full truck wrap. I don't care what anyone says about it being too much, over-the-top, or tacky. The point is to create a memorable impression. And if you do it right, it won't be tacky at all.

I'll attach a few photos of some of our rigs to give you an idea of what we've done. I'm not trying to steal your thunder by posting these pics. And it's I'm not saying copy what I've done either. I'm just trying to give you an idea of what I mean by creating a memorable impression on people around town. In the area we work in, just about everyone know or at least recognizes our company. And our logo / lettering is pretty simple. But it stands out and it's memorable. And I kid you not, that's golden.

Thanks for the input! I'll talk to my farther in law about that. I am going to incorporate my business logo in there somewhere to try to tie it all together a little better. Give people something eye catching to look at other than just the lettering. Yours is very nice by the way! I love that red.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-02-2013, 12:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

By the way, I always start with a freelance graphic designer. Because unless the sign shop has a really good in-house graphic designer, the stuff that the sign shops will come up with on their own will just be okay. But if you get it designed professionally first, then go to your sign shop, it will almost always turn out much nicer. You can find top quality graphic designers for decent prices at places like designoutpost.com. I met one there many years ago and have been using her for all my graphic design work (biz cards, estimate forms, letterhead, flyers, doorhangers, promo material, truck lettering, etc.) ever since. It doesn't usually cost very much.

Good luck to you. It looks like you're well on your way.

www.lewislandscape.com - Portland Oregon Landscaping Company

landscape design Portland Oregon
Old 01-02-2013, 02:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLewis View Post
By the way, I always start with a freelance graphic designer. Because unless the sign shop has a really good in-house graphic designer, the stuff that the sign shops will come up with on their own will just be okay. But if you get it designed professionally first, then go to your sign shop, it will almost always turn out much nicer. You can find top quality graphic designers for decent prices at places like designoutpost.com. I met one there many years ago and have been using her for all my graphic design work (biz cards, estimate forms, letterhead, flyers, doorhangers, promo material, truck lettering, etc.) ever since. It doesn't usually cost very much.

Good luck to you. It looks like you're well on your way.
Luckily my father in law is very good at that. I let him design and create my flyers and business cards as well. Take a look at the flyers.
Attached Images

Old 01-02-2013, 02:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Damn, why does it cut off half the pictures?!