Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-16-2010, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS Hardscaper View Post
As I mentioned in another recent thread, I had someone from Diamond Blade Warehouse contact me. He told me was was "my new service rep" and he "replaqced the previous" rep. Cept he never stated he was from Diamond Blade Warehouse!

What happened is he called a month prior, I told him who we bought from, and he musta made a note of it. So when he called back he tried to trick me. He even said the company closed the FL operation and moved!

He does a follow up call. I advise him that we wont be buying from him based on his unethical practices, and if he needs to resort to such practices that he should consider a different career, such as nursing! hahaha!

30 minutes later I get an e-mail from him. Containing unprofessional comments.

We currently buy cheap $80 blades from a local block supplier. They do fine for us. And I'm not so sure that wear out any faster than the $200 blades.

Prior to that we bought from World Diamond Source in FL. Never any problems, always followed through. Infact my sales rep even came to MD and took me to lunch! If you folks are lookin for a decent source for good blade - call WORLD DIAMOND SOURCE in FL. We havent bought from them in a long time, but it's not due to their service, more due to economics on our part.

they called me too, I've pretty much given up on the mail order blades and get the from Home Depot or our CEMEX dealer... they're all sifty and you can't trust the phone calls.... and I hate the phone calls too.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I use these: http://www.contractorsdirect.com/Con...-Diamond-Blade and have no complaints.
I've used them to cut everything from bluestone to pavers to granite, and no sleazy salesman to deal with.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:33 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

It's that time of year that the blade sharks are awakeninginging.

Time to bring this topic back to life....

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:16 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS Hardscaper View Post
It's that time of year that the blade sharks are awakeninginging.

Time to bring this topic back to life....

That's not fair to the Sharks! I like sharks...so Maggots is more in line. I started getting calls from these people last year and I guess I'm marked now.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:43 PM
LawnSite Member

The IB Blades website looks like complete BS. Why do they have 1 STIHL saw listed in their produtcs? STIHL protects their dealers and highly doubt they would let IB Blades sell one saw. Nothing worse than shady sales people.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

heh, i got a call from diamond blade warehouse this past week..... i told the guy im not interested, "but why, can i send you one, how about a t shirt"

i buy my blade from the locally owned rental yard, like everything I buy, I try to support other local business owners. not that the blades are made here locally, but at least the markup is staying in the local economy. not to mention, the amount of referrals that i get from my concrete, block, and rental suppliers is quite impressive.

I am on a first name basis with the owners of the suppliers i deal with, and that relationship is a good thing.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:49 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

T-shirts........why do they all push t-shirts so hard? Real marketing morons.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-plus L/C View Post
TThomass and everyone else on this site: DO NOT USE IB BLADES!! This summer when I returned from vacation, I had a blade on my front door from IB Blades, and a receipt saying paid by credit card. ($159) I had never heard of them and called them the next morning. They said they had no record of the sale so keep the blade as a gift. I asked how did they get my adress and card #? They said no record of the sale so they didnt know. Two weeks later I get my credit card statement and the charge is on there. I call the card company to dispute and they want to go through my purchases after the statement date, which I wouldn't see til the next month. There were cell phone bills paid, utility bills paid, and other personal charges from someone in Florida. (No doubt an employee from IB Blades)I call and raise hell and the owner calls back and said they had some sales people they had to fire who were on crack!! Can you believe this stuff!! I explained that my last purchase of blades was with Sencore 8 months earlier, and I had never heard of IB Blades. He says he thinks maybe an employee came from another blade company and brought my info along to keep my business. He calls about 3 days later and asked if we were planning to have it investigated and prosecute.

We started out using Lattux, then had a guy tell me he was my rep but really he was with Sencore. They all sound the same on the phone, with a strong northern accent, and call from a (561) area code. I told one guy I wasnt buying anything until I got the story on all these companies. He said they all started as Lattux and had a split into several others. I really think they are all together and play us hardscapers. Since that incident, I have also had my company debit card hit, (which I used once with Sencore, and my personal debit card hit, which is with the same bank as my company.) The bank said that one was for a bill in a restaurant for $750 and the other one they had a device that would scramble the screen so the bank can't tell where the charge was only the amount, $1,100. We had a fourth company from the same area code, and the same northern accent call last week and said they had sold us blades this spring. He said he had a card number on file. I flipped out and told him I wanted his name and a copy of the bill from the spring and what I'd been through. He said he'd fax it right to me. never got it and he won't answer my calls. Stay away from these guys, we went a year or so without problems but eventually they will get you.
First of all, you have a partial true story. Latux has been in business almost 12 years. Back in 2008, when this lovely economy went south, some salespeople did some unethical practices, and were let go. They secretly took almost 3,000 customer files with them, and opened the company Sencore. For a couple years many customers were misled and confused by the split- it was their regular salesman, but not the same company. Now things have settled down, and we have recovered many customers we never knew we lost. IB Blades is long out of business, and I can't say I ever heard of them honestly.

It's like saying that since a Hack screwed up a driveway, that all Landscapers are incompetent and only Masonry contractors can lay brick and pavers. We downsized and came through the hard times as a compact and lean company. We consciously have fewer salesmen, so we can make sure no funny business happens.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Relax diamondman.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-02-2013, 05:48 PM
LawnSite Member

It's all good.....