Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-22-2012, 06:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Buddy of mine, an electrician, just had a crazy guy try to attack him.pushed him down some stairs while on the job and proceeded to come after him. My friend carries and pulled on the guy....held him at gun point and called police.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-23-2012, 03:28 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Glock model 22 .40 cal. Sweet gun no true external safety, just point and click. Get a nice conceal carry holster that doesn't print to bad on ya while you're working
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-23-2012, 11:40 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Trevon Martin anyone?

Even something as simple as protecting yourself can leave your life in misery. I'm not saying he shouldn't of shot that kid. He was protecting himself and had every right to. But the media and his town turned on him.

Now imagine if you shot someone because they stole your trimmer. It would be worse.

You have every right to carry a gun. You have every right to shoot someone that comes at you. But if they are stealing your property and you confront them, if they run away, you cannot shoot them. Of course you can give chase. But in no way is your life in danger of them running away from you. So if you shoot them, thats aggravated assault, attempted murder, assault with a deadly weapon, unlawful discharge of a firearm, and probably a noise violation for good measure.

You should NEVER pull your firearm, unless you or someone elses life is in danger. Not just shoot, but pull the firearm. You must try to deescalate the situation before ever pulling a gun. Or did you forget that part on your CCW test?
Old 12-23-2012, 12:13 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

umm well for one thing I never took a ccw test. rules are different in every state my friend.

all I had to do to get my life time permit was pay x amount and have my finger prints taken to be on file. that's it. waited how ever long for them to send me the permit in the mail.

no test, quiz or classes required in my state.

we'll stop there because from there it would be a huge heated argument as to when you should be using your gun and when not to. and since this little debate has been going on in this thread I have been discussing it with family and friends and so far they have all said the same thing I have said.

if someone is coming after me or my property they are gonna get shot if I have my gun on me. my own mother and father have said this. but let's not argue about it so this thread can stay around.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maelawncare View Post
Trevon Martin anyone?

Even something as simple as protecting yourself can leave your life in misery. I'm not saying he shouldn't of shot that kid. He was protecting himself and had every right to. But the media and his town turned on him.

Now imagine if you shot someone because they stole your trimmer. It would be worse.

You have every right to carry a gun. You have every right to shoot someone that comes at you. But if they are stealing your property and you confront them, if they run away, you cannot shoot them. Of course you can give chase. But in no way is your life in danger of them running away from you. So if you shoot them, thats aggravated assault, attempted murder, assault with a deadly weapon, unlawful discharge of a firearm, and probably a noise violation for good measure.

You should NEVER pull your firearm, unless you or someone elses life is in danger. Not just shoot, but pull the firearm. You must try to deescalate the situation before ever pulling a gun. Or did you forget that part on your CCW test?
This is true also if there is a chance that you could have gotten away yourself without confrontation will be looked at. IMHO someones life is worth more than a $300 trimmer (heard this in a case before) now if I have seen trucks that everything that wasn't bolted was taken. If I see somebody backing a Z out of my trailer at 1 am............... that wouldyou be hard to stand there and watch........hmmmm.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-23-2012, 12:35 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maelawncare View Post
Trevon Martin anyone?

This all depends on your state. Some states allow protection of personal property as well. I remember a story from Texas where someone shot a person breaking into his neighbors house and it was legal!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-23-2012, 01:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
This all depends on your state. Some states allow protection of personal property as well. I remember a story from Texas where someone shot a person breaking into his neighbors house and it was legal!
[size=1]Posted via Mobile Device[/sizoe]
I remember that Texas story too now that was murder. In Sc your personal property trucks home whatever is your domain and you are allowed to defend it
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-23-2012, 04:02 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Joe Horn was the guy in Texas. Shot two guys running out of his neighbors house. It may work in Texas but it is unlikely to work in any blue state
Old 01-02-2013, 07:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Carrying concealed while working

Got a smith and wesson m&p .45 for Christmas will become my new carry gun.
00 chevy 3500 dump
03 dodge dakota
4 ferris wb
1 ferris ztr
2 exmark ztr
lesco spreader sprayer stand on
case 1845
western plows
Old 01-02-2013, 07:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstifel View Post
Got a smith and wesson m&p .45 for Christmas will become my new carry gun.
Nice!!
Posted via Mobile Device