Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-27-2012, 03:31 PM
LawnSite Member

CFLS Equipment and Work 2012

This is what I was talking about. I just have to bolt a new piece to the deck before each season
Old 01-02-2013, 02:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

ok. well does the deck still hold up?? when you say soft, is it really easy to bend of you hit something??? also, can you really rank tall grass with it?? or does it clog??

14 Years old
Old 01-02-2013, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmarkboy13 View Post
ok. well does the deck still hold up?? when you say soft, is it really easy to bend of you hit something??? also, can you really rank tall grass with it?? or does it clog??
Ya deck is fine I don't think it would bend in all that easily I don't know why that guide is doing that but I personally don't use this mower all that much to tell about clumping. I do know that one time I had tall grass and irrigation system had just been on and it wasn't exactly clumps but just not a spot free cut
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-02-2013, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

how about the turf tracer?? its either a 61 inch dd or 61 inch turf tracer. any spindle problems with the turf tracer?? how about the deck, does it clump in damp grass?? how bad is the ecs on your hands?? sorry for all the questions, but thanks.

14 Years old
Old 01-02-2013, 11:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
how about the turf tracer?? its either a 61 inch dd or 61 inch turf tracer. any spindle problems with the turf tracer?? how about the deck, does it clump in damp grass?? how bad is the ecs on your hands?? sorry for all the questions, but thanks.
Turf tracers cut is flawless I had it out a couple times when raining to keep up and it was still clump free, I was amazed after every cut. TT was new in spring so haven't had anything wrong yet... ECS kills my hands when using it for a long time. I can handle it for a little while but not for a long time. The person who runs that mower for me will wear gloves to help keep his hands from getting so beat up during a long day.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-03-2013, 07:12 PM
LawnSite Member

But I do have to say that the ECS does do a great job at protecting you from hurting yourself unlike the handlebars of a ferris. Before I had the TT we had a fixed deck Ferris and when turning once the guy running the mower got his hand in between the handle and a tree cutting him open pretty bad, has a scar to show it. Luckily no broken hand or fingers. That and the ultimate cut are the benefits of the TT. Like I said before, if I were to buy another walkbehind I would be picking up a ferris
Old 01-03-2013, 07:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Not, to high jack or nothing but, that ferris in the pic is prolly one of the first crank decks, prolly late late 2006 or 07 ad they didnt weld a little piece of metal on the part of the deck where the rollers are, on all of the older ones we had we just welded a little piece of metal like CFLS did and it fixed the problem, on any of our newer one 2009 and newer they came factory with a little block of metal there and they have yet to wear out. Hope that helps.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Sorry for all the typos my keys are sticking
Old 04-16-2013, 12:04 AM
LawnSite Member

What's up guys I just got the mowing rigs rolling last week and here's a quick pick all loaded up with the new Vantage and new trailer
Old 04-16-2013, 12:06 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

nice setup just curious as to why your ztr is the smallest machine and a walk is your biggest most of us have it the other way, not saying its bad or anything