Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-02-2013, 08:14 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

QXpress V9 Help

Guys,

I've upgraded to QB2013, and apparently it decided to chew up my QXpress v9 installation. With the recent buyout out of QXpress, their new owner Marathon doesnt want to help and send me the v9 install file to help me reinstall the version I own a license to. Instead, they want me to pay well over $1,000 to "upgrade".

Here is the thing, I don't want to upgrade, and I don't need to upgrade. I just want to use my v9 that I have the rights to use.

Does anyone have the install file they can help send me so I can repair my installation of 2009 and get back operational again?

Thank you!

john@eagle-landscape.com
www.eagle-irrigation.com

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
Old 01-02-2013, 03:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

What error message are you getting with QX? I had an issue in August that I thought crashed my QX, and I didn't want to pay for it. It was a problem with Windows and a recent update. After a couple months I finally got it fixed. If it's the same issue, I can probably send you the info I got.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I tried coming back and doing a system restore, but my system restore points are jacked. I tried patching over, but then installed v10 over it. And deleted the old v9 files in my attempts to repair. And since I no longer have the v9 original install file, I am SOL according to the software company... Unreal how horrible their service has become. The product is so outdated and slow, and they only have a mobile app for a windows mobile platform... i mean seriously?
www.eagle-irrigation.com

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
Old 01-02-2013, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'm in the process of moving over to Hindsite. Expensive, but I think it will make me more productive.
Good luck with the QX issue.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

sorry you are having problems. I used to be one of the biggest advocates for QX on these boards years ago. However, the best thing Ive done recently for the business was to ditch QX. Think about how much money your software controls - way more than a skid steer or mower - you owe it to yourself to find a better answer.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:40 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Here is a reply I just got from Jennifer at QX. This is very unfortunate how they have literally tanked their reputation and ability to provide reasonably expected customer service.

"--Jennifer
Yes, the policies have changed and there is limited functionality with the customer portal. In order to purchase additional licenses, kmcp or refresh passwords you have to call in to QX.

$1285 is the cheapest price. If you were a new customer it would cost you $1840.

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 10:14 AM, John Wingfield Jr. <john@eagle-landscape.com> wrote:
But on my options for the product I have, it says I can press a button and go to redownload the version that my license allows. I’ve never had to purchase a KMCP for this when alocet was the owner. Have the policies changed now since Marathon was taken over?"
www.eagle-irrigation.com

Old 01-05-2013, 02:29 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

ttt guys.............
www.eagle-irrigation.com

Old 01-09-2013, 07:40 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

all I have is the version 10 installer. I am considering dropping them too. Their "hostage" fee over the last few years hasn't netted anything for me in the way of upgrades. I think Marathon bought it to shut it down. Im looking at Jobber and service autopilot. Leaning toward Jobber, due to cost, but book isn't closed on that yet.
Greensboro NC
Old 02-28-2013, 02:50 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm in the same situation.....lost my version 7 disk...support said I need the keep me current plan $1000
Old 02-28-2013, 03:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Had issues with mine also. My computer did an automatic update. After talking with tech support they said to uninstall Windows update 2698365, it is a high priority update. Make sure you go into windows update and tell it to NOT download that update again. I haven't had problems since. I just so happened to write it down on a sticky note and put it next to my computer.