Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-02-2013, 04:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

What with the micro management of the individual topics? I now have to visit 5 different topics just to see the stuff that used to be in 1. The latest victims are the mower related topics now get moved to a mower forum. You guys are making Lawnsite harder and more time consuming to use.

You want to make Lawnsite as easy to use as possible. You mix all of the menus up requiring multiple clicks where only one was required before and then micromanage the forums. What is the point? It's not making for a more pleasant visit.

Old 01-02-2013, 04:38 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

funny some of the stuff people claim on how the site operates or use to operate.

I haven't found any real chances except the backgrounds, fonts and colors. sure things are moved around a bit but still just as easy to use as before.

I still have all my subscribed threads in one place and I still only need to visit one area for all the commercial mowing threads.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:59 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

why the color change LS?

I have a hard time reading with red letters. Why the color change?
Old 01-03-2013, 09:42 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

The color change doesn't bother me, it is just one of those things I'll get used to after a while, but I don't really understand the purpose in making another forum for talking about equipment. I personally feel that when you start restricting posting to smaller and smaller subject groups, it takes away from the overall experience of monitoring the forum.

How many times have members, myself included, mentioned they posted in this forum instead of the more "appropriate" one, simply because fewer people seem to frequent them? To me, the mix of any discussions related to owning and operating a mowing/lawn maintenance business, should all be on one forum, not in a half dozen different ones.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOturkey View Post
The color change doesn't bother me, it is just one of those things I'll get used to after a while, but I don't really understand the purpose in making another forum for talking about equipment. I personally feel that when you start restricting posting to smaller and smaller subject groups, it takes away from the overall experience of monitoring the forum.

How many times have members, myself included, mentioned they posted in this forum instead of the more "appropriate" one, simply because fewer people seem to frequent them? To me, the mix of any discussions related to owning and operating a mowing/lawn maintenance business, should all be on one forum, not in a half dozen different ones.
This wasn't my idea but I think it was a good one. If you are in the market to buy some equipment, wouldn't you rather go into one forum and see thread after thread of equipment comparisons instead of having to search through page after page of unrelated threads?
A forum can get so busy that new threads can get quickly pushed off page one. We really don't want unrelated threads posted in a forum because that forum is busier than the correct forum. We try and keep the forums organized so members can quickly find what they are interested in. We will just move out of place threads to the correct forum, so it is better to make every effort to put it in the correct forum to begin with.
Thanks for the input
Old 01-04-2013, 08:17 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

personally for all the criticism this site receives from its users I'd like to see any of them run a website like this and run it as well as you guys do.

I'm sure it's extremely hard to run a website this large and I think you guys do an excellent job. things look great and run smooth in my opinion.

I fail to see how any user can find anything difficult about this site. but maybe I'm just too much of an easy going guy.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:31 AM
Moderator, Online Communities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
This wasn't my idea but I think it was a good one. If you are in the market to buy some equipment, wouldn't you rather go into one forum and see thread after thread of equipment comparisons instead of having to search through page after page of unrelated threads?
A forum can get so busy that new threads can get quickly pushed off page one. We really don't want unrelated threads posted in a forum because that forum is busier than the correct forum. We try and keep the forums organized so members can quickly find what they are interested in. We will just move out of place threads to the correct forum, so it is better to make every effort to put it in the correct forum to begin with.
Thanks for the input
yes, you nailed it Charles...we like to try to keep all discussions in their appropriate forums here on the site and sometimes, creating new forums and sub-forums can help in doing so

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
personally for all the criticism this site receives from its users I'd like to see any of them run a website like this and run it as well as you guys do.

I'm sure it's extremely hard to run a website this large and I think you guys do an excellent job. things look great and run smooth in my opinion.

I fail to see how any user can find anything difficult about this site. but maybe I'm just too much of an easy going guy.
thanks for the kind words yardguy...we do appreciate all of the feedback, suggestions, constructive criticism, etc. and we will take those into account when making changes to the new layout

thanks again all
Old 01-04-2013, 09:10 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Mike,

In the interest of making navigation easier, you might want to consider making the forum links active again in the what's new list. Also instead of using a break, use CSS to format that line so there isn't so much white space.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:13 AM
Moderator, Online Communities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
Mike,

In the interest of making navigation easier, you might want to consider making the forum links active again in the what's new list. Also instead of using a break, use CSS to format that line so there isn't so much white space.
thanks for the suggestions, we appreciate the feedback
Old 01-05-2013, 07:07 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Make the site green like the old one, and it will be great!

But honestly, I liked the old better.

Also, can you add some of the plowsite smilies to lawnsite please?

Thanks

Snapper: CP218520
21351PD new engine
LawnBoy: 10227 wi/bagger FOR SALE!!!!
Scag:SW36 Grass Packer/Kawaski engine
Shindaiwa: T242 LE242 RS41T231X
STIHL: MS210C BG55x2 KM90 trimmer edger blower
Kawasaki:KRB650B KHDS600A
Toro:single stage snow thrower
Lesco: 4Gal BP sprayer
Shindaiwa and kawasaki beats Stihl (Except HH blowers)

Click here for my work thread!
The kid who cuts lawns, and does it very well