Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-04-2013, 10:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

yes sorry i forgot to include that in my last post. on those types of trailers the interior lights are ran off the same wire for the tail lights (brown wire) you will have to run a new line to interior lights. good luck
Old 01-04-2013, 10:09 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jones68 View Post
yes sorry i forgot to include that in my last post. on those types of trailers the interior lights are ran off the same wire for the tail lights (brown wire) you will have to run a new line to interior lights. good luck
Thanks again. jones68.

I look forward to getting this done!

Now, to just find the time...lol

I will keep you updated!

In the meantime...KEEP THOSE TRAILER INTERIOR POSTS COMING, PEOPLE!

I have been getting some awesome ideas!

"If God can grow it, then we can mow it"
Old 01-04-2013, 11:08 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

i bought my enclosed used so i had to use paint on mine if i bought it new i would stain the wood then paint it a few years down the road. first i pressure washed the interior and used a deck cleaner. then i used coronado grip & seal primer on the walls and ceiling http://www.coronadopaint.com/viewProd.asp?prodID=3 it really worked great for covering soaked in oil stains. then 2 coats coronado eggshell paint i went with beacon gray. the floor and ramp i used coronado tough shield floor coating i went with battle ship gray. http://www.coronadopaint.com/viewProd.asp?prodID=43 i did 2 coats on the second coat i sprinkled sand as i went. you want to do 2 coats if you want to use sand because the 1st coat soaks into the wood but the sand does not so it will scuff off of the floor as you use the trailer. I get my paints from a benjamin moore place but the coronado brand is what the painting guys use its a little easier on the wallet. I couldnt be happier with the way it came out
Old 01-04-2013, 11:13 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

oh yea mine is an 8.5 x 20
Old 01-04-2013, 11:22 AM
LawnSite Member

Sounds like a good idea!

I purchased mine used last month from a guy who used to own a demolition company. The floor has a few spots where there are oil stains from equipment, so I may take your advice and wash and paint the interior.

This is my first enclosed trailer, and I love it!
I used to have an open trailer, but found that someone decided to steal some equipment from it while it was parked in my carport one day.

I'm just a little guy in this business because I have a full-time job elswhere, which is why I only have a 6X12 compared to some of the larger, and nicer, ones that the rest of you on this site have.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

a buddy of mine always says "locks only keep the honest people honest" if the bad guys want in they are coming in. I keep my trailer locked all the time and crime is pretty low here where i live but up in NY where my father runs his business they are using those battery powered saws and cutting holes right in the sides of the trailers. You can have a big lock on the doors but the sides are flimsy.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:42 AM
LawnSite Member

Yeah, I understand...
Where I live, they aren't going to that extremes (luckily)...and my neighbor and I think it was someone cutting between our houses from the neighborhood behind ours that could have taken it as they were walking by.

Good thing is, my neighbor and I put up barbed wire in the woods between our properties to keep them out.

I am just waiting to come home one day and see someone tangled up in it!

I also don't advertise on the side of my trailer (all my business comes from word of mouth), so not a lot of people know what is in the trailer...only some of my neighbors and my customers.