Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-01-2013, 08:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmarkboy13 View Post
hey im not gonna say anything anymore. in the spring, ill start a new work thread and let the pictures speak .thanks. i dont have the patience to write everything out right now lol.

also moderators, if you could shut this thread down (since i created it) thank you very much.
Look - I could take pictures of the freakin white house and say its my account - that does not mean anything. Its great that you are out working and I am not trying to put you down - I'm just saying keep it real. Don't worry, if you keep working hard you will be successfull - just don't try to rush it. Also. when you are telling people about all the mowers you demo - remember that no dealer I have ever talked to will let someone under 18 demo equipment. I am sure it is no different where you live.
Grasshopper 41
Toro Timemaster 30
Stihl handhelds
5 x 8 landscape trailer w/rack
SOLO OPERATION
84 accounts cutting grass and loving it!
Old 01-01-2013, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

if you want to answer your questions clear difference, pm me. thank you

14 Years old
Old 01-04-2013, 12:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm 14 and I pull my 4x8 trailer with my farmall cub to my accounts. I don't go all over town but on my neighborhood and about three other neighborhoods close by. Dont go telling us that what were doing is wrong, because I know exmarkboy13 and myself run all professional equipment and do good quality work.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Exmarkboy...I think you need to lighten up a little. Clear Difference brought up some valid points and wasn't being a jerk about it or anything. Personally I would never hire a minor to run power equipment on my property...EVER. And I don't know how things are where you are but where I am you need an arborist license to trim trees and I'd be surprised if there wasn't such a requirement where you are too.

Keep in mind that you're on a professional forum here and it's not your personal blog...people are free to post on your threads and comment as they wish. Chances are that you're breaking several laws in doing what you're doing and exposing those who hire you to significant personal liability.

Best wishes.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'd also like to point out that it's a violations of the terms of use of this site to sign up for a user account if you're under 14 (it would appear that you violated that) and in fact to even mention your age. It's also against the terms of use for anyone to solicit any information from minors.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

ok, i understand. Sorry "clear difference" I probally should have clarified myself alittle better.

1) You comment about the commercial property and my lawn tractor & ATV. I used the lawn tractor this year, with rotating strobes and an SMV to pull my stuff around, up and down all of the side streets (i have 35 accounts, but there on a very tight route, WITH AFEW EXCEPTIONS) . I recently purchased an atv, cause im projecting a huge amount of growth. I live in a very small suburb, and im the biggest "landscaper" in our city at the moment.I know all of the other landscapers, and we all get along well. One actually lives two streets over.

Being its a small town, i know everyone, almost. I cut and do a lot of landscaping for the ex-mayor. we maintain his 3 properties. i know the current mayor, have friends on council, live by and know well the service director, and am friends with the police cheif, and his son. Everyone knows me, if not by name, but by "the guy/kid with the tractor" lol. Me and anyone of my "helpers" wear matching reflective aperall at all times. The local authorities are ok with it, aslong as we stay of side streets. the city drives their super z's around to (i also know all the garbage men/mower operators lol).

The "commercial" is owned by one of my customers. there isnt alot of traffic at his place, so not a lot of people. the parking lot is probally a half acre at most, and its in the back. Afew strips of grass that i mow with a 21, because its alittle out of the range of where i can go, and its bordering another city, so on of my parents, or grandparents just drive me there. 10 min for $35.

I usually only have a "crew" for big landscape installs we do, or mulching/cleanups. jobs with 20, 30, 40, or more yards of material, or an installation. This year, im gonna bring on two guys to help me mow. Of course, they would go through afew months of training before they would be allowed on the job.

Yes, im not insured, but at this age, hate to say it, its unrealistic. i will get insured when i start driving, and that will be when im 16. i turn 15 in febuary.

And all of the pictures I posted are of SOME of my accounts. i take great pride in my work, appearance, and customer service. ive come along way, from 8 years old with a broken push mower and broom, to all commerical grade equipment, a wealth of knowledge, and a great client base, all on my own.

Sorry if i didnt clarify and came across as an a-hole, cause im not, just hate typing and didnt like how somepeople came across.

any questions about my operation feel free to ask, or even give me a call lol.

14 Years old
Old 01-04-2013, 01:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

also, we cut postage stamps, all the way up to almost 8 acres. As far as demoing, you dont know my dealer lol. My three dealers know me very well, and know that im not "just some kid kicking tires" my stihl dealer also sells ferris and scag. awesome people have let me demo anything from kombi systems to turf tigers. My honda/stihl dealer let me also take home a push mower before i bought it, to make sure we would like it. the deere dealer is great in that resepct aswell.

14 Years old
Old 01-04-2013, 02:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Excellent reply. I think we all respect that you guys are out there working instead of sitting around playing with electronic gadges all of the time...my 15 year old could use a lesson or 2 from you, lol.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
also, we cut postage stamps, all the way up to almost 8 acres. As far as demoing, you dont know my dealer lol. My three dealers know me very well, and know that im not "just some kid kicking tires" my stihl dealer also sells ferris and scag. awesome people have let me demo anything from kombi systems to turf tigers. My honda/stihl dealer let me also take home a push mower before i bought it, to make sure we would like it. the deere dealer is great in that resepct aswell.
Well since this thread is already hijacked. You mow almost 8 acres with a 48 inch WB?? How long does that take? I could care less about all the other BS on this thread. Your work is very good and you are young. I would beg your parents to get the lic and insurance because stuff happens. Also check with your area on working laws to be on the safe side. Keep up the good work and be safe.
Dixie Chopper Classic 2750
Wright Stander RH 52in 19hp
Trac vac loaders and bagger
Billygoat 1302sp blower
Stihl handhelds 1 322L trimmer
1998 Chevy 1500 Z71 with 8ft EZ dumper
2003 GMC W3500 18ft box cabover
6.5x12 landscape trailer
Jrco leaf plow
Part time for now and solo for now.
Second year!
Old 01-04-2013, 03:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
ok, i understand. Sorry "clear difference" I probally should have clarified myself alittle better.

1) You comment about the commercial property and my lawn tractor & ATV. I used the lawn tractor this year, with rotating strobes and an SMV to pull my stuff around, up and down all of the side streets (i have 35 accounts, but there on a very tight route, WITH AFEW EXCEPTIONS) . I recently purchased an atv, cause im projecting a huge amount of growth. I live in a very small suburb, and im the biggest "landscaper" in our city at the moment.I know all of the other landscapers, and we all get along well. One actually lives two streets over.

Being its a small town, i know everyone, almost. I cut and do a lot of landscaping for the ex-mayor. we maintain his 3 properties. i know the current mayor, have friends on council, live by and know well the service director, and am friends with the police cheif, and his son. Everyone knows me, if not by name, but by "the guy/kid with the tractor" lol. Me and anyone of my "helpers" wear matching reflective aperall at all times. The local authorities are ok with it, aslong as we stay of side streets. the city drives their super z's around to (i also know all the garbage men/mower operators lol).

The "commercial" is owned by one of my customers. there isnt alot of traffic at his place, so not a lot of people. the parking lot is probally a half acre at most, and its in the back. Afew strips of grass that i mow with a 21, because its alittle out of the range of where i can go, and its bordering another city, so on of my parents, or grandparents just drive me there. 10 min for $35.

I usually only have a "crew" for big landscape installs we do, or mulching/cleanups. jobs with 20, 30, 40, or more yards of material, or an installation. This year, im gonna bring on two guys to help me mow. Of course, they would go through afew months of training before they would be allowed on the job.

Yes, im not insured, but at this age, hate to say it, its unrealistic. i will get insured when i start driving, and that will be when im 16. i turn 15 in febuary.

And all of the pictures I posted are of SOME of my accounts. i take great pride in my work, appearance, and customer service. ive come along way, from 8 years old with a broken push mower and broom, to all commerical grade equipment, a wealth of knowledge, and a great client base, all on my own.

Sorry if i didnt clarify and came across as an a-hole, cause im not, just hate typing and didnt like how somepeople came across.

any questions about my operation feel free to ask, or even give me a call lol.
Well I guess I stand corrected - I did not realize that you lived in a town were the laws don't apply to you and you can do what you want. Business insurance is different than car insurance. You will still have to wait till your eighteen. I was by the scag dealer in town today and asked if he would let a 13 year old demo a ztr and he started laughing so hard his face turned red. Must be real nice dealers in your town. I would put a chute blocker on that deere because if something flies out and you injure someone - there could be criminal consequences beyong the hundreds of thousands in civil expenses. One more thing. I went through your entire thread and saw lots of pictures - but none of you actually working. As a matter of fact - I was shocked at how clean your gloves, shirt, and vest were - almost as though they were not being used at all. If you were to put up a video of you on that deere at a commercial account that would really shut me up!
Grasshopper 41
Toro Timemaster 30
Stihl handhelds
5 x 8 landscape trailer w/rack
SOLO OPERATION
84 accounts cutting grass and loving it!