Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-04-2013, 03:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Grandstand Accelerator Question

Is anyone running a 48 inch Toro Grandstand with an Accelerator grass catcher and mulching blades? I have seached all past posts and can't seem to make heads or tales if the Accelerator works with the mulching blades. I know that Accelerator reccomends 1 high lift blade near the discharge chute, but I want to see if I can get away with not changing one of mulching blades. I am not running a mulching kit on my mower, just using the blades.

Thank you in advance.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I tried this with my exmark, and it didnt pack the accelerator nearly as much as it does with the high-lift on the right.

PlowSite-SnowFakers
Old 01-04-2013, 06:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodacious View Post
Is anyone running a 48 inch Toro Grandstand with an Accelerator grass catcher and mulching blades? I have seached all past posts and can't seem to make heads or tales if the Accelerator works with the mulching blades. I know that Accelerator reccomends 1 high lift blade near the discharge chute, but I want to see if I can get away with not changing one of mulching blades. I am not running a mulching kit on my mower, just using the blades.

Thank you in advance.
I have a next Gen Exmark and use there Extreme mulching blades ( they look just like gators) and have no problems. I have the jumbo with jumbo Extender and with either the stock high lifts or the Extremes it packs it full back to front top to bottom, grass or leaves.. Works really well and one of the best things i purchased as of late..