Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-04-2013, 05:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyflyboy30 View Post
The weight is nothing to me has now I use a 22.lb Backpack Gas Leaf Blower add a 10.5 Handheld Blower at the same time and like have the Biggest in every thing I get like my $3000+ 9 foot 111cc Twin YAK 54 RC Airplane,my 600 grizzly 4x4,60cc chainsaw, did have R1 1000cc, bran new 2002 Corvette both in 2002 and the list goes more than I can type.
You actually consider a 60cc saw big? Even for those that cut part-time, that's mid-size/average at best.

Not a fan of Vettes except do applaud them as they have withstood the test of time. For killer American muscle I'd look elsewhere.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HusqvarnaRules View Post
Not a fan of Vettes except do applaud them as they have withstood the test of time. For killer American muscle I'd look elsewhere.
Those 9 and 10 second factory built Mustangs are tough to beat.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
You actually consider a 60cc saw big? Even for those that cut part-time, that's mid-size/average at best.

I see what you are saying about the chain saw at the time my dad got for loging it was the most powerfull Pioneer P 60 chainsaw.Back to the blower did no't like what I saw on ebay a lot Sthil 600 for sell for parts only makes me wonder do I need one? The Husqvarna is looking better and better.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:58 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
Those 9 and 10 second factory built Mustangs are tough to beat.
2013 shelby mustang the fastest production car in the world, look it up!
Old 01-04-2013, 09:01 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyflyboy30 View Post
I see what you are saying about the chain saw at the time my dad got for loging it was the most powerfull Pioneer P 60 chainsaw.Back to the blower did no't like what I saw on ebay a lot Sthil 600 for sell for parts only makes me wonder do I need one? The Husqvarna is looking better and better.
You should be able to get someone to let you wear a 600 around for a day you'll then know why you see wayyyy more of them than husky's.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpllawncare View Post
2013 shelby mustang the fastest production car in the world, look it up!
Dunno where you "looked it up", but based on a simple search the only thing backing that up is the statement that it's the fastest V-8 production car in the world at the moment... NOT the fastest and sure as hell isn't the quickest in 0-60, 0-100, 1/4 mile. Was actually WAY down the list where it belongs. Was even beaten by a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo. How's that for burning rice, lmao?!?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...y_acceleration
Old 01-04-2013, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

And yet.. oddly enough, here's a 2013 GT500 turning 10.81 and putting the smack down on a modded EVO. I don't know where that Wikipedia page got it's numbers but there are plenty of stock GT500s hurting that 10 second mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8iozRn2MDc

Here's an almost stock 2013 5.0 putting down a 11.6.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqYI5dnAYX8

Old 01-04-2013, 09:49 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Dunno where you "looked it up", but based on a simple search the only thing backing that up is the statement that it's the fastest V-8 production car in the world at the moment... NOT the fastest and sure as hell isn't the quickest in 0-60, 0-100, 1/4 mile. Was actually WAY down the list where it belongs. Was even beaten by a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo. How's that for burning rice, lmao?!?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...y_acceleration
the cars on that list aren't considered production cars, 0-60 times is only one factor, nothing to do with the fastest overall. I'll put a freakin lancer against a stock gt and come out ahead, Hell I could outrun a wrx si in my BMW 335 but not a shelby mustang, and bout even with a stock gt
Old 01-04-2013, 10:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpllawncare View Post
You should be able to get someone to let you wear a 600 around for a day you'll then know why you see wayyyy more of them than husky's.
That isn't exactly a fair comparison.

The BR600 has been around a lot longer than the new Husky's. I own both a BR600M and a Husky 570. The Husky does weigh a little more, but is 10 times more comfortable to wear for more than 5 minutes (as you would have to do on a leaf clean up job) due to its vastly superior chest and shoulder harness system, and the Husky flat out spanks the 600 in performance. They are both fine blowers, but it's important to be fair and honest about what they can and can't do, and why.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The Redmax 8500 and Husqvarna 580 have a few differences, the biggest one being that the Husky has a different harness system that includes a padded waist belt...a nice feature to have instead of having all 30+ pounds on your shoulders. The 8500/580 will outblow the BR600 by a fair margin, but they're big, heavy and loud as hell at WOT. But after you've used one anything else seems like a toy. I'm not saying the BR600 isn't a powerful blower, but the 8500/580 takes it to a whole different level.