Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #41  
Old 01-04-2013, 11:28 PM
cpllawncare's Avatar
cpllawncare cpllawncare is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 2,647
I tried them both and the 600 was just more comfortable to me, and it has more than enough power for anything we do. I don't doubt the husky is a really good blower I really like my husky chainsaw. I just decided to try and keep as much of my stuff the same brand as possible for maint and spare parts reasons, and stihl's line of equipt is broad enough that we can pretty much keep everything the same. I don't remember why I bought a husky chainsaw but if I were to buy another one it would be a stihl.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 01-04-2013, 11:52 PM
crazyflyboy30 crazyflyboy30 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Alabama
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G View Post
The Redmax 8500 and Husqvarna 580 have a few differences, the biggest one being that the Husky has a different harness system that includes a padded waist belt...a nice feature to have instead of having all 30+ pounds on your shoulders. The 8500/580 will outblow the BR600 by a fair margin, but they're big, heavy and loud as hell at WOT. But after you've used one anything else seems like a toy. I'm not saying the BR600 isn't a powerful blower, but the 8500/580 takes it to a whole different level.
Now you said what I have been reading that it is awesome and I have to get the Husqvarna is that the dealer that I got my MZ6128ZT will cut me a super deal like right cost so will seen on monday will do after he talks to he's factory rep. I will give him my list all will need for the next year.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 01-05-2013, 01:07 PM
HusqvarnaRules HusqvarnaRules is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpllawncare View Post
the cars on that list aren't considered production cars, 0-60 times is only one factor, nothing to do with the fastest overall. I'll put a freakin lancer against a stock gt and come out ahead, Hell I could outrun a wrx si in my BMW 335 but not a shelby mustang, and bout even with a stock gt
Really now? Define production then!

Who gives a damn about overall speed when there is little room to really open a car up these days.

Not my fault America sucks ass with real supercar performance. The only decent thing to come from this great country of ours is the Viper. Everything else is a fail in my opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01-05-2013, 01:19 PM
Darryl G Darryl G is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 7,993
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyflyboy30 View Post
Now you said what I have been reading that it is awesome and I have to get the Husqvarna is that the dealer that I got my MZ6128ZT will cut me a super deal like right cost so will seen on monday will do after he talks to he's factory rep. I will give him my list all will need for the next year.
I never try to beat my dealers up over price on small equipment. I paid $529 for my 580 in the fall of 2011 when they were priced at $559, but that's the price they had on it. They have gone up $20 since then. If you're a bigger guy and into overkill and brute force go for it. They have enough power to actually do leaf cleanups in the rain, not something I had even considered doing before. But make no mistake...the things are gigantic, loud and heavy, yet surprisingly comfortable due to the excellent harness system. The only time mine becomes a bit of a burden is when working on hilly properties. It has all but eliminated my use of my wheel blower.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 01-05-2013, 05:27 PM
Richard Martin's Avatar
Richard Martin Richard Martin is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Greenville, NC
Posts: 14,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by HusqvarnaRules View Post
Not my fault America sucks ass with real supercar performance. The only decent thing to come from this great country of ours is the Viper. Everything else is a fail in my opinion.
The Saleen S7 Twin Turbo is on par with any supercar (not muscle car) in the world. Made in Irvine CA. Powered by

__________________
Serving Greenville, Winterville and Ayden NC



Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 01-05-2013, 10:04 PM
crazyflyboy30 crazyflyboy30 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Alabama
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by HusqvarnaRules View Post
You actually consider a 60cc saw big? Even for those that cut part-time, that's mid-size/average at best.

Not a fan of Vettes except do applaud them as they have withstood the test of time. For killer American muscle I'd look elsewhere.
My big saw was bigger than 60cc it was 99cc PIONEER SAWS LTD.
PETERBOROUGH, ONTARIO, CANADA
SERIES OR ASSEMBLY NUMBER:
YEAR INTRODUCED: 1978
YEAR DISCONTINUED: 1980
ENGINE DISPLACEMENT: 6.0 cu. in. (99cc)
NUMBER OF CYLINDERS: 1
CYLINDER BORE: 2.250 in. (57mm)
PISTON STROKE: 1.500 in. (38mm)
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 01-05-2013, 10:33 PM
cpllawncare's Avatar
cpllawncare cpllawncare is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 2,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G View Post
I never try to beat my dealers up over price on small equipment. I paid $529 for my 580 in the fall of 2011 when they were priced at $559, but that's the price they had on it. They have gone up $20 since then. If you're a bigger guy and into overkill and brute force go for it. They have enough power to actually do leaf cleanups in the rain, not something I had even considered doing before. But make no mistake...the things are gigantic, loud and heavy, yet surprisingly comfortable due to the excellent harness system. The only time mine becomes a bit of a burden is when working on hilly properties. It has all but eliminated my use of my wheel blower.
I'm with you on that darryl, I hate when we get beatup on price so I feel guilty trying to beat the other guy up, as long as he's being reasonable I won't argue price.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 01-05-2013, 10:58 PM
knox gsl's Avatar
knox gsl knox gsl is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: knoxville, tn
Posts: 3,739
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpllawncare View Post
I'm with you on that darryl, I hate when we get beatup on price so I feel guilty trying to beat the other guy up, as long as he's being reasonable I won't argue price.
Same here, and there's not a lot of mark up in the hand held gear to begin with.
__________________
I've never been skydiving, but I have zoomed-in on Google Earth really fast.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 01-07-2013, 12:28 PM
HusqvarnaRules HusqvarnaRules is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 50
Richard just let it go. Even the Saleen sucks when compared to others. Being powered by Ford isn't saying much in my opinion. Look into Gumpert and Koenigsegg for jaw dropping form and function.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 01-07-2013, 12:42 PM
Darryl G Darryl G is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 7,993
Quote:
Originally Posted by HusqvarnaRules View Post
Richard just let it go. Even the Saleen sucks when compared to others. Being powered by Ford isn't saying much in my opinion. Look into Gumpert and Koenigsegg for jaw dropping form and function.
But what's their towing capacity?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:45 PM.

Page generated in 0.07642 seconds with 10 queries