Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-30-2012, 11:25 AM
LawnSite Member

We charge $3.50 per foot with one color, and we are on the high end. There are a few local yocals who try to chrage $2.25, but it is very poor quality. With six guys, we got 1450 linear feet done in a day this summer. Add $.50 a foot for sod cutting and $1.00 for stamping. Material cost is about $.44 a foot for sand, type I/II, fiber and juice.
Borderline does training classes in arizona, do not try to learn on your own, go to the class.
-cat 302.5
-dingo 425
-trailers and way to many employees
Old 12-30-2012, 11:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csl View Post
We charge $3.50 per foot with one color, and we are on the high end. There are a few local yocals who try to chrage $2.25, but it is very poor quality. With six guys, we got 1450 linear feet done in a day this summer. Add $.50 a foot for sod cutting and $1.00 for stamping. Material cost is about $.44 a foot for sand, type I/II, fiber and juice.
Borderline does training classes in arizona, do not try to learn on your own, go to the class.
So if you are doing a new construction before the sod is installed you charge 3.50 for the curb and 1 color. Every one will want a stamp.... so you are now at 4.50 and then another 50 cent to cut the sod.

If I had to guys you are able generate about foot for just under $2.00 and obviously, you would have a minimum fee / footage for mobilization.

So if you bought the equipment new & 28K ( I assume that includes some training?) then you would need to produce 14K of curb to pay off the equipment.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:05 PM
LawnSite Member

pricing will always be subjective to market conditions. Me lead guy (machine/trowel) was paid per foot at $.44 a foot, and two laborers at $10/hr. each. We averaged about 10-12k feet a year just from our residential construction jobs. Again, curbing is a great way to make money, it just has to have support. I am also selling my curbing business after a very serious back injury this summer, and though i have a lot of interest from local landscapers wanting to add onto service, its still a hard piece of equipment to selling. again, markups are huge, and devote one employee to marketing and estimating and you will make a ton of money
-cat 302.5
-dingo 425
-trailers and way to many employees
Old 12-30-2012, 09:02 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELS Landscape View Post
So if you are doing a new construction before the sod is installed you charge 3.50 for the curb and 1 color. Every one will want a stamp.... so you are now at 4.50 and then another 50 cent to cut the sod.

If I had to guys you are able generate about foot for just under $2.00 and obviously, you would have a minimum fee / footage for mobilization.

So if you bought the equipment new & 28K ( I assume that includes some training?) then you would need to produce 14K of curb to pay off the equipment.
Sounds like You got the just of it now all you need is to come buy my set up
Old 12-30-2012, 09:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We are in Ohio and get 4-6.00 per foot depending on what type of curb they want. We do this as an add on service to our existing landscape business. The profits are HUGE and it is very easy work. Cut the sod out where they want it, tamp the ground with a tamp and lay it down. It does require a bit of skill finishing the curb, but nothing you can't handle.

We do not own the Tygar product, but it is a solid brand. We have been very pleased with our equipment and we do about 20-30k a year in add on sales with this. Material and labor costs are about 1.50 per linear foot.

It's catching popularity also. I sell alot of it to retired folks who stay in Florida for the winter.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Happy new year everyone
Old 01-03-2013, 01:10 AM
LawnSite Member

I guess know has a need to make money !!!!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Back to the top
Old 01-05-2013, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Back up to the top
Old 01-11-2013, 01:37 AM
LawnSite Member

One more bump