Register free!

Old 01-02-2013, 10:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
They do mentiuon melted wires if you over amp the 12V system but not regarding the charging portion just in trying to run 12V systems
I would think that the melted wires would result from to much voltage draw from the small wire that come from the truck used to help charge the batteries

That's why they have a circuit breaker

Seems like a lot of thing to flip

Charles Cue
Old 01-03-2013, 10:06 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I am not an electrician but it is my understanding that Watts = Volts X Amps. By reversing the formula, Doubling the Volts Means Dividing the Amps in Half and having the same watts. It is the Amps that melts wires and kills people who come in contact with electric. Therefore higher voltage mean slower amperage but the same safer wattage.

Electric pumps are not new, however high GPM pumps have not been real successful. My second Spray rig when I first Started out was homemade Presidential solution. It had TWO 5 GPM Shurflo pumps in Parallel to produce the volume of flow I wanted. While the system worked it burnt out the cheap pumps pretty regular. The GNC Battery pack is not an expensive set up however as these battery get worn WHAT might be the effect on the more expense Motor that doesn't receive enough amperage??? While the Hybrid Cars and Trucks are popular now, What is going to happen a few years from now when batteries and motor have to be replaced?????? With Gasoline engines we know the life expectancy and replace/repair costs.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:20 PM
LawnSite Member

I love GNC Industries products. I have a 200 gallon space saver and a 500 gallon rig on a 1 ton. I have seen this 24 volt system in action. It works great and is very quiet. The only reason I didn't go with it: I was affraid that I would forget to charge the batteries.