Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-01-2012, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I would and I did but it weighed from my guess close to 2000 lbs, I would of ripped my hooks lol
Old 11-01-2012, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like you might need a dump trailer first.

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

This is true........
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2012, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

my ditch witch dealer has a used vermeer 600 for sale
Old 11-01-2012, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Ya I had 14ft of my 18ft trailer covered in 4ft of mulched 3times leaves and then I drove my old woods/ 721d grasshopper loaded with leaves ontop of the leaves, strapped her down and tarped it up and down the road I went haha the neighbors to the house I was working at got a laugh out of what it looked like. A mini would of been nice with a big buket it. Now I got to pick up some junk on a curb from a house eviction, also a mini would come in handy for....... And that wood I need to move... And that tree I need to take out....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-06-2013, 11:48 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

The Ventrac provides a lot of options for a landscaper or lawn care operation. The footprint is lighter than a skidsteer or mini skid. Aeration, parking lot maintenance with the broom or blower, brush clearing etc... If you do snow removal of large properties like a hospital or nursing homes as we do and retirement communities, it would kill sidewalks with the broom and allow you to use fewer people who you have to try to keep track of. I have been looking hard at this machine and considering trading in a MF 1428 compact tractor on a 4000 model with the broom and may be a bucket and another attachment or 2. The tractor is too cumbersome, awkward and feels like it wants to roll over all the time. The tractor sits in the garage most of the time. The Ventrac would get more use because of it's compact nature and versatility.
2008 F350 Stake body 6.4 Diesel
1992 Chevy 1500
4 Boss snowplows
1 Grasshopper 722D 61"
3 Grasshopper 223 61"
1 Kubota ZD 331 72"
1 Toro 36" W/B
1 Toro 44" W/B
1 Wright Stander 52"
1 Massey Ferguson 1428 Tractor
1 Kubota RTV 1100 diesel with broom
Husqvarna trimmers
Stihl and Redmax blowers
Old 01-07-2013, 10:49 AM
LawnSite Member

I own a 4200 series Ventrac and I agree 100% with Bayfish. I think in most applications a landscaper would get much more use out of a Ventrac. These machines seem to be written off way too quickly by most guys...especially skidsteer guys and traditional tractor guys. They either have never seen one, used one, or owned one. Are there applications better suited for a skid or mini skid? Absolutely. Are ZTR mowers going to be quicker and more manuevarable on certain properties? Yes. But, herein lies the difference....no other machine that I know of has the versatility and capability of these Ventracs all while feeling safe on slopes, easy on turf and just fun to run. The slip scoop is severely under rated. It is not for lifting and loading a truck. It is absolutely indispensible though when it comes to light material handling. We use it for bulk mulch jobs filling beds. It makes it a pleasure to do this all while not tearing the crap out of yards. On large open properties, I would mow with this machine all day. It leaves a better stripe than any exmark any day. And talk about slope mowing. How many of you have pucker marks on your ZTR seat from your butt hanging on for dear life while going down or across slopes?No thanks! These Ventracs are absolutely the most stable machine you wil ever get on...bar none! If you have any questions or reservations about these machines, feel free to ask away. I don't work for Ventrac nor am I compensated in any way by them.....just an owner of one and will likely own two by the years' end! I didn't even mention it's versatility in snow removal! Sheesh! Go look up Ventrac on youtube videos. These machines are amazing. No kidding.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:38 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

wow I made the email