Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-06-2013, 01:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Love/hate relationship for me. I'm calling on monday and demanding a discount or I'm looking elsewhere. Don't get me wrong, they are the best out there as far as I'm concerned, but for the price I'm paying, there a too many small bugs that are taking forever to get fixed. They are headed in a great direction, but I simply don't have time to be messing around with all these small problems - it's becoming a headache. Their videos are nice, but it is a very involved system and takes a long time to learn!

Glad to answer any questions....you can call me if you want.

Jason
Old 01-06-2013, 01:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezeTO View Post
Anyone out there in Canada using it?? How is it working out for you? We are currently using CLIP...what info can you export from CLIP to SAP?
Why do you want to move away from Clip?
Old 01-06-2013, 07:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFarland_Lawn_Care View Post
Love/hate relationship for me. I'm calling on monday and demanding a discount or I'm looking elsewhere. Don't get me wrong, they are the best out there as far as I'm concerned, but for the price I'm paying, there a too many small bugs that are taking forever to get fixed. They are headed in a great direction, but I simply don't have time to be messing around with all these small problems - it's becoming a headache. Their videos are nice, but it is a very involved system and takes a long time to learn!

Jason
Thinking about dropping SA myself, good for larger operations but too complex for my small operation, waited for the big update but...Jobber is a lot more user friendly and efficient IMO. To me simple=effeicient=$$$$$$ saved.

Chad Clark
225-257-5566
chad@clarkunlimited.com
www.clarkunlimited.com
www.facebook.com/culawns
La. Licensed Landscape Horticulturist
La. Licensed Ornamental & Turf Pesticide Applicator
La. Licensed Irrigation Contractor
Old 01-06-2013, 07:26 PM
LawnSite Member

i am as well thinking of switching.

i am looking for something that is good but i can charge credit cards automatically every week. we made the switch this year and it was amazing in terms of cash flow.

we want to switch because of the lack of marketing.
however the one thing that has us with SAP is there credit card integration. as well as a online portal for customers

the only one i found was real green and there pricing was outrages. about 8k for up to 250 customers, and about 200 a month in fees

Zawadzki Landscaping
www.ZawadzkiLandscaping.com
Old 01-06-2013, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have to say the same thing, I'm going to begin looking into other software. I've been using sap for 3 years. But frankly, this new big update was IMO a flop. New look and feel - sure. But who cares. All I see is new problems and bugs. Almost every day I find a new bug and report it. I haven't seen any fixed yet. Biggest problem is with the time clock. It's a joke. I can't believe that they claim this thing was beta tested. There's problems with creating new estimate templates...guess what, it's bidding season-

They should have canceled the update, and tried it out for 6 months with his own company.

Can anyone tell me , from the client screen, how do I change/assign a new day or crew for a job. I can't figure it out.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFarland_Lawn_Care View Post

Jason
Good luck. I called 3 times Thursday and 3 times Friday - got voice mail. Doesn't Jonathan have a video that says something like "customers hate voice mail.........we have an answering service" ???
Old 01-07-2013, 06:49 PM
Sponsor

Hi,
Obviously, I work with Jobber and therefore have a biased opinion. I'd just like to chime in and say that I think Chad from Clark Unlimited summed it up best with his post above. We are a more affordable option focused on building flexible, robust software that is EASY to USE!

We are indeed a sponsor here on LawnSite, and yes we do offer a free 30 day no commitment, no billing information required trial.

Check us out at the info below. Thanks!

Jeff

Watch our 14 minute Quick Tour Video

Have feedback for Jobber? Email or call me direct at 587-400-9852.

www.getjobber.com | landen@getjobber.com | 1-888-721-1115 Ext 114
Twitter: @GetJobber | Jobber on Facebook

Old 01-07-2013, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

@ Jobber do you have a thread singing praises. I should search cause I am looking
Old 01-08-2013, 03:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
@ Jobber do you have a thread singing praises. I should search cause I am looking
Sam is a really good guy to deal with...very quick to respond to customer questions and knows his product....that's why I am going with Jobber in 2013 and beyond!

Chad Clark
225-257-5566
chad@clarkunlimited.com
www.clarkunlimited.com
www.facebook.com/culawns
La. Licensed Landscape Horticulturist
La. Licensed Ornamental & Turf Pesticide Applicator
La. Licensed Irrigation Contractor
Old 01-08-2013, 04:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post
Sam is a really good guy to deal with...very quick to respond to customer questions and knows his product....that's why I am going with Jobber in 2013 and beyond!

The only problem i have is billing. I charge credit cards weekly and use a merchant account. Otherwise i would try it. To many problems with paypal freezing acounts
Posted via Mobile Device