Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-08-2013, 01:36 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

RSK,
We both probably need to ask some of the techie guys what would be best, sounds like your like me at a crossroads and truly need to get away from the pen and paper and move into the 21st century, just not sure what is the best route to go. I've always been a windows kinda guy, and have tried to use the apple system but it seems so foreign yet better at the same time.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:42 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Jason,
You have a Iphone why not get a Ipad as well and eliminate most of the paper work, just curious seems to make sense, not sure though?
Old 01-08-2013, 01:47 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I just want a system that integrates everything together. billing ,routing, estimating, customer info etc etc! Is there such an animal?
Old 01-08-2013, 02:57 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpllawncare View Post
RSK,
We both probably need to ask some of the techie guys what would be best, sounds like your like me at a crossroads and truly need to get away from the pen and paper and move into the 21st century, just not sure what is the best route to go. I've always been a windows kinda guy, and have tried to use the apple system but it seems so foreign yet better at the same time.
well I have an iphone 5 and while it is useful for the turn by turn navigation it comes with from the factory, and emailing customers while i'm out in the field, other then that i don't really use much. once I have a new lawn or snow account, I'll save the customers contact info and put their name, address, house number, cell number, email in my phone. but I usually get all that info in the voice mail, and write it down on in my notebook. and as far as estimates i usually do 2-3 spring, early summer and fall. middle of summer is slow for me, then the fall gets busy again. an ipad would be nice for showing customers pictures on but for scheduling and recording info i think it would take much longer then just using a pen and paper.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:58 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I just want a system that integrates everything together. billing ,routing, estimating, customer info etc etc! Is there such an animal?
landscapebilling.com does all that and is internet based so you can use it anywhere you have internet.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:59 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandalawncaremgr View Post
Hey have you experienced any problems with landscapebillng. Im having nothing but issues. And there customer service. Ha they never respond back
No issues yet.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:40 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

hey guys...i tried using the iphone 4s calender to track things, but it wasnt a powerful enough app.

I found one called errands, and it allow more details, reoccuring appointments etc..and it has the capablitly to postpone, etc. You can break tasks down for home, work, lawn care, etc.

Just wanted to share what I used last year. I cant remember if it was free or not, but ive been happy with it so far.

I still keep a notebook though to track everything as jobs get done. mileage, amount, time, payment, etc....all goes into the notebook, then gets transfeered to an excel spreadsheet.
2013 Exmark Commercial 30
2014 Exmark Lazer Z S Series EFI 52
2008 Stihl FS250R Trimmer
2010 Stihl FS90R Trimmer
200? Stihl FC75 Edger
2014 Stihl KM130R edger and trimmer shafts

2013 Stihl BR600 Backpack blower
Old 01-08-2013, 06:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Estimate notebook?

I use iPhone. I take notes in the inote. If something happens to my phone everything is backed up in ICloud. I also use a todo app for installs and other work. When Im done i e-mail it to myself with a few clicks. That way when I sit down on my desktop to do billing I have everything.
Also with the inote. I use it as an estimate. I just ask for an email address and send them a copy. By the way my email has a signature that is a disclaimer with all my conditions and warranty. That way they don't comeback at me with bs later.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
There is but it will cost you. Luck under business or search software
Old 01-08-2013, 06:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Jason,
You have a Iphone why not get a Ipad as well and eliminate most of the paper work, just curious seems to make sense, not sure though?
Unlike the iPhone with LIFEPROOF case. It fits into my dickies side pocket and I have it on me all day. I can't put the I pad in my pocket. And if I leave something like that in the car it will get stolen or ill have to leave the windows up I summer.

Having the phone has become my wallet or car key. They are on me every minute of the work day.