Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-05-2013, 01:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

You may want to keep your pusher for backup? I would think you could pick up a decent used blade to try, around here I've seen some decent blades in the $1500-2000 range.

I've never been impressed with the Kage system, I think it would be annoying to drop the box part all night and when windrowing the box part takes away blade width?
Old 01-05-2013, 01:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Stuve, the box acutally adds a little blade width believe it or not. I was always concerned about the ability to not widrow with the box on as well, but after running a loader and skid Kage, I will say that you can definitely still angle the box and windrow with the box on the plow.

WWW.ARPLANTE.COM

A.R.Plante on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...0670251?ref=ts

Check Out Our Videos on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/arplante...s?feature=mhee
Old 01-05-2013, 01:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I should add that if all your plowing are roadways with very limited plowing of parking lots in between, then ya the box part of the Kage is probably not what you need. If you do any parking lots though, the added box will allow you to work circles around a machine with just a plow and put more money in your pocket. If we didnt use the Kage plows on our two , 7 acre shopping centers (with alot of islands and tight roads), we would have to add another machine at both sites full time to complete our work in the time alotted.

WWW.ARPLANTE.COM

A.R.Plante on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...0670251?ref=ts

Check Out Our Videos on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/arplante...s?feature=mhee
Old 01-05-2013, 01:25 PM
LawnSite Member

I think a large snow bucket would be the best thing for you. Fairly inexpensive, and can be used for multiple applications and scenarios. We have a snow wolf fast tach that is similar to the kage system, works great but a plow with wings is definitely comparable and cheaper.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:00 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

it backdrags really well actually, just depends on the snow conditions. Whats nice is you have downpressure available with the skidsteer although most of the time i just put the arms in float and use the bucket tilt to adjust.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Google search The Tobin Blade.