Register free!


Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #1541  
Old 01-07-2013, 08:54 PM
1idejim's Avatar
1idejim 1idejim is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: State of Jefferson
Posts: 7,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
I did walk the site, curious that I am; two zones were spitting and I stopped-by the show/mow crew and told them the deal. They said, "it's not our problem, sir.
the nerve of them..... sir
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #1542  
Old 01-07-2013, 09:28 PM
jrmikka jrmikka is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: northeast
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
I did walk the site, curious that I am; two zones were spitting and I stopped-by the show/mow crew and told them the deal. They said, "it's not our problem, sir.
did you get the name of the crew for what they said to you?
Reply With Quote
  #1543  
Old 01-08-2013, 12:28 AM
grassman177's Avatar
grassman177 grassman177 is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: leavenworth, kansas
Posts: 9,794
i would be irate at that attitude. i have pointed things out like this before, very large ones, and nothing was done for 5 weeks
__________________
all is fair in love and grass! Man, it smells like sheet, do you smell that!!
Reply With Quote
  #1544  
Old 01-08-2013, 12:58 AM
stebs stebs is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Eastern KS
Posts: 179
Call whoever is paying for that water there and let em know. You may even get a job out of it.
Reply With Quote
  #1545  
Old 01-08-2013, 05:47 AM
jrmikka jrmikka is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: northeast
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
I did walk the site, curious that I am; two zones were spitting and I stopped-by the show/mow crew and told them the deal. They said, "it's not our problem, sir.
Did you call local authorities?
Reply With Quote
  #1546  
Old 01-08-2013, 09:04 AM
Mikegyver Mikegyver is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Longview TX
Posts: 1,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
They said, "it's not our problem, sir.
Number one problem with the landscape industry. I hear it all the time. Makes me sick. That problem equals $$$
Mike
__________________
High end commercial, multi-family and residential lawn care, irrigation (LI and BPAT), and landscaping.
Mikegyver Pics Thread
Reply With Quote
  #1547  
Old 01-08-2013, 12:23 PM
Kiril Kiril is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: District 9 CA
Posts: 18,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by grassman177 View Post
i would be irate at that attitude.
Why? It is entirely possible it is not the mow & blow companies job to maintain the irrigation, per their contract.
Reply With Quote
  #1548  
Old 01-08-2013, 07:07 PM
Mike Leary's Avatar
Mike Leary Mike Leary is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cactus Hug, Arizona
Posts: 20,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
Why? It is entirely possible it is not the mow & blow companies job to maintain the irrigation, per their contract.
My point was the sprinkler guys should depend on the mow crew to alert them to problems, they're on site more than we are. If it was a mall with a big box anchor tenant, I might have gone there, but, quite frankly, those dickwads get their yearly bonus off what they save off turf & irrigation.
Reply With Quote
  #1549  
Old 01-08-2013, 07:19 PM
SoCalLandscapeMgmt SoCalLandscapeMgmt is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
My point was the sprinkler guys should depend on the mow crew to alert them to problems, they're on site more than we are. If it was a mall with a big box anchor tenant, I might have gone there, but, quite frankly, those dickwads get their yearly bonus off what they save off turf & irrigation.
No. The sprinkler guy should have his ass out there weekly inspecting the system and making any necessary repairs otherwise he should just go be a mow and blow guy himself.
Reply With Quote
  #1550  
Old 01-08-2013, 07:30 PM
Mike Leary's Avatar
Mike Leary Mike Leary is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cactus Hug, Arizona
Posts: 20,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalLandscapeMgmt View Post
No. The sprinkler guy should have his ass out there weekly inspecting the system and making any necessary repairs otherwise he should just go be a mow and blow guy himself.
True, but as you can see, this system was losing water, big time, even as I sat and fumed from the motor home. SOMEONE should have had the brass to call someone who knew the (ho ho) sprinkler guys. We walked the site weekly on all our large clients; if they complained, cone markers in the truck, pay your last bill and F**k you, by the way.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:32 AM.

Page generated in 0.09237 seconds with 10 queries