Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-06-2013, 07:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by txirrigation View Post
Nope, most of the time we are working off specs developed by a landscape arch.
They are good timers. One of our clients just purchased 35 of them with a 5 year plan for $120k. How much do the Calsense timers go for?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-07-2013, 02:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT8 View Post
They are good timers. One of our clients just purchased 35 of them with a 5 year plan for $120k. How much do the Calsense timers go for?
Posted via Mobile Device
I think it was around 3-4k. It had a flow sensor that would monitor flow rates and shut down zones independently if they had leaks, and send me an email with an alert. It also would send me emails with diagnostics i.e. bad solenoid etc. It kept track of water usage per zone, and overall. It was a good clock.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by txirrigation View Post
I think it was around 3-4k. It had a flow sensor that would monitor flow rates and shut down zones independently if they had leaks, and send me an email with an alert. It also would send me emails with diagnostics i.e. bad solenoid etc. It kept track of water usage per zone, and overall. It was a good clock.
Sounds like a good timer. I might have to buy one for my next project.
Does it have an adapter for the RainMaster remotes? Or do you have to buy the adapter kit?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-08-2013, 06:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I saw the controller once. I would assume my guys had to wire in the adapter.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'd say your project manager has a pretty sweet truck. How many employees/trucks do you have?
Old 01-08-2013, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahb195 View Post
I'd say your project manager has a pretty sweet truck. How many employees/trucks do you have?
Winter between 5-9, and in the summer between 15-20. We do about 90% irrigation and in our area that is very paper work heavy. We have to do a design, get the design passed through the city, go back and pick up the permit, install the system, back flow test, as-built design, meet inspector at site/pass inspection, get H/O to sign off on paper work for the city, back flow inspection, close permits.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

and somehow, you prob average lower than i do, per zone. pm me if you have a figure like that, as i do. interesting to compare is all from region to region.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassman177 View Post
and somehow, you prob average lower than i do, per zone. pm me if you have a figure like that, as i do. interesting to compare is all from region to region.
It's all about effeminacy, buying power, and having the right kind of employees on each crew.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i know, the crew has a ton to do with it. i however, take way more time than folks that do it every day, in and out. buying power, is similar though. i know a few guys who are full time irrigators. i buy the same as they do, so it is about efficiency on the job more than anything i think.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassman177 View Post
i know, the crew has a ton to do with it. i however, take way more time than folks that do it every day, in and out. buying power, is similar though. i know a few guys who are full time irrigators. i buy the same as they do, so it is about efficiency on the job more than anything i think.
I am not going to share all my secrets but here is one:

We have many redundancies in tools. Many think that this is a waste of money, but it is not. We have "job boxes" not "tool boxes." This means when you go to install the back flow device, you grab the back flow "job box" and it has all the tools in it to install the double check. We also have the controller "job box," this box has all of the tools to install the controller, and it has many of the same tools that the back flow box does. We have about 5 different boxes, many of them contain mostly the same tools. It cuts down on lost tools, and time spent going through large tool boxes searching for tools that the other guy did not put back in the right spot.

You probably are buying at a good rate, but do you really think you are on the same price level as someone who buys $12,500 a week? I will send you a PM later on and go into more detail.