Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-07-2013, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Is there a long , in depth video for jobber?

I'm looking a a full, and complete solution. I'm sick of piece mewling everything, I need working time card solution, that tracks job time. Tracks non-billable time, creates equipment maintenance tasks and assign them to a mechanic, job costing. Email tracking, GPS and snow removal, contract profit and loss, 1 single, simple solution
Old 01-08-2013, 06:35 PM
Sponsor

Hey Seabee24,

Here is a link to our longest Jobber video and I think the one you are looking for. http://docs.getjobber.com/
It gives a general overview of the functionality of the software and walks you through some of the basic steps and functions.

Hope this helps!

Jeff

Watch our 14 minute Quick Tour Video

Have feedback for Jobber? Email or call me direct at 587-400-9852.

www.getjobber.com | landen@getjobber.com | 1-888-721-1115 Ext 114
Twitter: @GetJobber | Jobber on Facebook

Old 01-08-2013, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I really like the interface and concept of Jobber. I can see where there needs to be additional functions that every company would need, but I know its a new program that is getting its start still (which is one huge plus for me, I like supporting start ups whenever possible). I get the feeling from using it that the designers/programmers are avid Apple users... Or at least unterstand what makes an Apple program so intuitive, and wanted to bring some of that same clean look and ease of use to their program.

But here is my BIG issue for me. It will NOT sync with Quickbooks for Mac 2013. Now I have been told by a Jobber rep that I can add the invoice total aggregate amount as one line item to my Quickbooks Journal for a given period I choose (whether its daily, weekly, monthly, etc). I can see how this would work, but it still adds the margin for error by doing a manual data entry from program to program, it also will not allow me to get a clear financial picture in quickbooks at a moments notice. Now since Jobber does not currently track expenses, Jobber cannot give me any idea of what is going out, only the invoices and money that is coming in.

It is also my understanding that this is not the fault of Jobber, but more the fault of quickbooks for not allowing their Mac users to have any type of online connectivity with Quickbooks program. Windows users do not have this issue. So this problem really sounds like Quickbooks dropping the ball more than Jobber. However, it doesn't change that it is a real problem that Mac users will face, and its not like we mac guys are very sparse anymore... Every mall around has an Apple store, and I only know a handful of people even using Windows anymore.

Things I would like to see in the program:

1. Equipment Maintenance Tracking - I would like to have a simple interface within this program to track what maintenance was done to what equipment. It could tie in the timesheet & expense tracking into this to help determine maintenance costs.

2. Start/Stop Button on Time Tracking - Being an online program we all know it has a pretty accurate clock attached to it. I would like to see the timesheets option have a big STOP and START button for the crews to use. Under that could be the same drop down menu that they already have that allows the user to classify what the time was for. So when they show up at a site, click Start Clock > Select Job # (or location) > and then the clock starts. When the job is finished, the crew clicks Stop Clock > Start Transportation Time .... Etc. This way I could get a report for the most important part of running a landscaping company JOB COSTING. If someone knows how many hours of drive time, mow time, mulching time, repair/maintenance time, etc that they spent over the course of a whole season, then it becomes extremely powerful information to have for next year budgeting and determining production rates. This is the biggest reason I'm looking to upgrade my software. I'm tired of transferring paper documents with horrible handwriting into spreadsheets...

3. E-mail Tracking - Jobber already seems to have a pretty mild version of a CRM program built in that holds all relevant customer info. But I would really like to see it also track e-mails for each client and attach them to their file. This is not something that is too hard for a program to do if the user just Bcc: every e-mail to Jobber. I've seen it done this way on many dedicated CRM solutions, but I would really love to see it in Jobber.

My one other concern with Jobber is the whole "add on" deal. I understand the concept of "don't pay for what you don't need", which I agree with for functions like chemical tracking. However there are some things that should just be standard, like the time sheets function. Or the Contact Form function. I wonder if in the future this will become the buffet of software programs, and by time I had all the features I wanted the price would be through the roof.. Again, this is NOT what they are doing, just something that I hope they don't do in the future.

As you can tell, I've been spending time with this decision, and I really like Jobber. I want to sign up for it, but there are a couple things (esp quickbooks) that might not let me. In the meantime, I'll keep messing with it, learning more, and calling them with questions.

Overall looks like they are on the right track to having a killer program. I do understand all these updates, changes, and features aren't cheap to put together/program.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:05 PM
Sponsor

Hi Merrimacmill,

Wow, you sure have a lot of knowledge about our product and software in general! I'm glad to see that you are taking some quality time to research what will work best for you. Thank-you very much for the feedback! Hearing our customer's concerns and top priorities really does drive where the product is headed every day.

In terms of your suggestions, we are very aware of the first two as they are high priorities on our road map for the near future. I don't want to make any promises I can't keep but those are certainly two functionalities in high demand that will be a part of our offering moving forward.

As for the email history, there is definitely a way to see all of a customer's interactions in the reports section. Go to the management tab > client reports > email communications to see all the email history. From there, you can sort the fields to see what you are looking for. This may not be the perfect solution as I think maybe you'd ideally like to see the records in the client view? Am I on the right track here?

On a personal note: I am so sorry about the (lack of) quickbooks integration. You must be an Apple user in Canada then? Trust me - we feel your pain! You were bang on in that we all have Macs and I'm sure our designer's have taken some of their inspiration for the intuitiveness of the software from Apple.

Once again, thanks for the great feedback. Keep it coming whenever you see something that we could do better!

Thanks,

Jeff
jeff@getjobber.com

Old 01-09-2013, 01:23 AM
LawnSite Member

Jobber- how about financial reports and expenses? I signed up for the trial and this is two things I am not seeing. Maybe over looking? I have Gopher now and thinking of upgrading but I like that a few others are web based just in case my Laptop crashes I don't want to lose my information. I want a program to do scheduling, customers, info and my financial reports. Just looking for my options.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-09-2013, 01:31 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the reply Jeff. I think its really great that you guys pay attention to what people are saying, and what we need in the field to make something like this work.

Great to hear on the first two. I know they are something that others have, but I think they do too complex of a job at it.

I'm not from Canada, I'm in the US. Will this effect my quickbooks capability? I have Quickbooks for Mac 2012 and plan on upgrading to 2013. Let me know on this when you get a chance, this would really be great if it worked in the US.

As to the e-mail tracking, I didn't even realize that was there. Thats good to know. Does this just track e-mails sent automatically from the program such as invoices, quotes, etc? What I am talking about is a way to attach e-mails to a client's file, similarly to many CRM solutions. So if they call, and argue with you about what you said or agreed on in an e-mail, it is right in front you when they call. This is such a common thing for us to have to look up and show the customer why we are right based on their e-mails, but I have multiple computers and don't always have access to the e-mails when I need them.

The reality is that landscape and snow companies really could be better businesses if they all utilized a CRM software of some kind. We would never forget to call someone back, or send over that quote on the day we told the customer we would, and all e-mails and complaints would be tracked for liability reasons. But most dedicated CRM solutions are just way to robust for the average landscaper and have too much of a learning curve. So what I really like the most about Jobber is that it seems to take steps in the direction of a very basic CRM solution, tied into everything else we need, but keeps it simple. But I think it just lacks in a few key areas that could make it a great all around solution.

One simple suggestion I have is if you have a Client with multiple properties, and you click on one of the listed properties, the notes section (that was there in the client view) goes away. If I had that in the property view (with separate notes for each property), I would be able to make notes about a particular property. For instance, I have a property manager and we do 4 properties for them. Each property has an on-site point of contact that I could list in the notes section, or simple things like what particular resident at the HOA is a complainer, or even notes of interactions we've had about the property. That would be a big help for me.

The next thing is complaints. We all get complaints from time to time, and I can't tell you how many times we had complaints not formally filed for reference in any future dispute or for liability reasons, and not tracked to see what our most common problem is. What I picture is a option in the "Quick Create" button that says Complaints and then leads to a window to fill out information applicable to the complaint (each one assigned to a property). Then when in the Client view you could have a button say view complaint history, which would show them just like your e-mail tracking does. I think an important thing for this would be to have other members with limited access, have access to this feature so they could file complaints as they receive them right on the job site. I do this already in a simpler way, but just using that database program Bento by FileMaker.

That tied in with showing the e-mails in the client view, and everything you already have would really cover whatever we could need in simplified crm. You could already have this on here, but I haven't found it yet.

PS sorry to hijack this one - to the OP.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:16 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPI_Savage25 View Post
Jobber- how about financial reports and expenses? I signed up for the trial and this is two things I am not seeing. Maybe over looking? I have Gopher now and thinking of upgrading but I like that a few others are web based just in case my Laptop crashes I don't want to lose my information. I want a program to do scheduling, customers, info and my financial reports. Just looking for my options.
Posted via Mobile Device
Hi, If you go to the 'Management' tab > 'Reports' there are different kinds of reports that you can utilize: Money, Service and Work, and Clients. That is a good place to start anyway.

Feel free to give us a call if you have specific questions at 1-888-721-1115. Also, I'd recommend setting up a demo with one of our guys so they can walk you through it. That usually susses out lots of questions on how to use it best day to day.

Thanks,
Jeff

Old 01-09-2013, 01:42 PM
Sponsor

Merrimacmill,

You can see all of your historical interactions with a client (quotes, invoices, etc.) in the Client Summary view. Sounds like that is what you are looking for. I am going to send your suggestions and entire last post to one of our sales guys so he can show you exactly how to do that if you'd like.

His name is Broc and you can reach him at the toll free number below.

He also has way more technical knowledge about Quickbooks and this is the answer he gave me; "you can't download the web connector on a mac for the desktop version. The online version is connectable no matter what computer you're on obviously, the problem is they don't offer online for canada"

Give Broc a shout and he can clear those up for you and we can stop dominating this thread. haha Sorry

Cheers,
Jeff

Old 01-09-2013, 01:56 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm in the same boat as far as software searching goes. Ive researched quite a bit into Jobber and SAP. Check out The Service Program. They've been great with feedback and seem great as well. They've had an app for 3 years. I still havent pulled the trigger yet. Leaning SAP at this point due to all ythe positive feedback everyone is giving it.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshman View Post
I'm in the same boat as far as software searching goes. Ive researched quite a bit into Jobber and SAP. Check out The Service Program. They've been great with feedback and seem great as well. They've had an app for 3 years. I still havent pulled the trigger yet. Leaning SAP at this point due to all ythe positive feedback everyone is giving it.
What is the price on "The Service Program"?

There are some really great programs out there that blow any of these 3 we are talking about completely out of the water. For instance, as we all know, Real Green Systems is just an absolutely killer program in every single regard, except THE most important one. Price.

I find myself getting to think "oh I need this, and I need that" but then I remember, I need to compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges. Real Green is what like $10,000 or something last time I checked?

Even Service Autopilot is something like $140 per month if I remember correctly. And being $100 per month or $1,000 per year more expensive than Jobber (with what features I would add) is a huge jump for a recurring software bill.

I always hated software that I had to pay a subscription for. Then I signed up for www.landscapemanagementnetwork.com for $99 per month, and it simply changed my life forever with the tools it gave me. I think they have a tough sell at $1,000 every year, which keeps a lot of guys away. But thats a good thing, otherwise everyone would know too much...

Anyways thats a different type of software for a different use, so its really off topic.