Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-04-2013, 08:35 PM
Sponsor

Thanks for the kind words above!

There are certainly pro's and con's to any of the business software systems available for field service companies. My suggestion would be to figure out the exact features you need to make your business successful.

While we think the more modern and effective approach to software is to keep things simple and to focus on usability, we also focus heavily on flexibility and robust features — these principles are almost *more* important the larger and more complex the organization. We have happy customers of many shapes and sizes, from sole operators doing less than $50k in revenue, to companies of 25 employees doing in excess of 5 million. We have customers who generously credit Jobber with being the reason they were able to grow their companies as quickly as they have, or at all. We have customers who have come to us from almost every other system, but especially, from the land of pen-and-paper.

In the end the right software is an important business decision that you can only make with the information available to you; sometimes option A will be the right choice, and other times option B will be. Jobber is modern software with a modern approach, and we're making waves for it. We do what we can to make it as easy as possible for you to learn about us and give us a try, so that you can make the right decision for your business, and we're constantly iterating and improving our product, the way a good company should.

If anyone has any questions at all or needs additional information please don't hesitate to get in touch with us at info@getjobber.com, or with me personally at jeff@getjobber.com.

I hope this was helpful!

Cheers,
Jeff LeHoux

Watch our 14 minute Quick Tour Video

Have feedback for Jobber? Email or call me direct at 587-400-9852.

www.getjobber.com | landen@getjobber.com | 1-888-721-1115 Ext 114
Twitter: @GetJobber | Jobber on Facebook

Old 01-04-2013, 10:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Groundskeeper Pro - It's good!
05' JD F1445 Diesel 72"
13' Bobcat T650 CTL
08' Haulmax 24' Enclosed Trailer
11' JD JS 26 W.B.
12' BOSS 9.2 V-XT plow+Wings
Stihl hand held eq.
10' L.W. 13hp blower
13' Permagreen Triumph
WI certified pesticide applicator
Old 01-06-2013, 09:50 AM
LawnSite Member

Choose a software that can automate your entire lawn care experience. I don't work for S.A. but I have found their software pretty good. We gave it a trial with around 150 of our lawn care customers in the Ohio area and it worked just fine. We are currently developing our own system to use but S.A. was pretty good and Quickbooks is always a great choice, especially keeping the finances together.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:02 AM
LawnSite Member

Let me know how your search goes. I'm currently using groundkeeper pro. It does some cool things I guess. Better than pen and paper. Im getting out of it. Its outdated. Go with quickbooks, jobber, SAP etc. Quickbooks will always transfer to whatever else you chose so you cant go wrong there I guess.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

only software I have exp with is Real Green. I loved it, but its quite pricey.....
Old 01-08-2013, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I talked to a Real Green salesman a couple days ago. He quoted at 2K for the starting software, additional pieces of software are extra, and monthly support was around $70. It looks like a great system but it's pricy. Sometimes you get what you pay for, sometimes not.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:00 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy123 View Post
I talked to a Real Green salesman a couple days ago. He quoted at 2K for the starting software, additional pieces of software are extra, and monthly support was around $70. It looks like a great system but it's pricy. Sometimes you get what you pay for, sometimes not.
Wow, so would now be an OK time to plug Jobber and say that we start at $29 a month. Not set up costs. http://getjobber.com/signup

Check it out.

Thanks,
Jeff

Old 01-09-2013, 04:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Mr Jobber, how does your software compare to Real green?
Old 01-09-2013, 04:46 PM
LawnSite Member

landscapebilling.com is really useful and inexpensive
Old 01-09-2013, 05:08 PM
Sponsor

Well Mr. TurfWerks,

I can't speak for their product but it seams like they have been around for a while and have a good product.

The main difference that I can see if that our software is focused on being amazing at the functions that we do provide and having the easiest user interface out there. This means that we may not have all the bells and whistles, but might just be a better fit for your business.

The main things that I can see that we don't offer 3 features that they do; customer portal, estimating, and GPS turn by turn voice navigation. We have found that the last 2 are features that are not a huge priority for our customers.
However, a customer portal is something that is definitely on our road map for the future. This is where the customer can sign in and see their billing history, etc. Of course, we have all this info managed for you in Jobber and you can pull up and send them what they need to see at any time. Right now though, we don't offer this directly to your end customer.

Obviously, the difference in price is a bit of a shocker and is detailed above. It really boils down to what you need for your own individual business.

Hope that helps!

Jeff