Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-09-2013, 08:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Wow...didn't realize it was almost a $2k price difference.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:24 PM
LawnSite Member

I have a 52" Exmark, well 2 actually with the Turf Tracer. Love them both, I'm sure you will too.

2002 chevy
10 foot trailer
16 foot trailer
Exmark 52" Turf Tracer
Echo 210
Echo 230
PB 251 (2)
Echo 770
Lawn Solutions Turf Revitalizer
Lawn Solutions Aerater
Cyclone Rake

Improvise, Adapt & Overcome
Old 01-09-2013, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G View Post
Wow...didn't realize it was almost a $2k price difference.
Yep I think it's a little crazy for what you get. The major differences are hydros, clutch, deck, and tires
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-09-2013, 08:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quix View Post
I have a 52" Exmark, well 2 actually with the Turf Tracer. Love them both, I'm sure you will too.
I have a 36 metro and love it...hoping to upgrade to 36 turf tracer. I demoed and liked it a whole lot. I love the ecs which is on my metro
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-10-2013, 06:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scagboy715 View Post
Yeah i would have loved to have gotten the S but I'm in college right now and could justify spend an additional almost 2k for it just because I wanted it. For that I may as well bought a lazer haha the only thing really uneasy about is not having the canister air filter but I can deal with cleaning it more often.
Posted via Mobile Device
Do not clean the air filter more often than recommended in the engine manual. Overservicing will cause more dirt to end up in your engine. Very nice mower!! I love it when they are all clean and shiny. Try to post an update on how it runs, cuts, etc. Good luck this season!
Grasshopper 41
Toro Timemaster 30
Stihl handhelds
5 x 8 landscape trailer w/rack
SOLO OPERATION
84 accounts cutting grass and loving it!
Old 01-10-2013, 07:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scagboy715 View Post
Yep I think it's a little crazy for what you get. The major differences are hydros, clutch, deck, and tires
Posted via Mobile Device
In your pics the deck on the mower you bought looks pretty darn stout. What is the difference in the S series deck? You can put whatever tires you want on it for less than $200. If you watch your idle when you engage and disengage, the clutch should last plenty long. I'm guessing the S series still uses transaxles and not separate pumps and wheel motors. I think for 2k in difference you made a great decision. I just don't see that much more value in the S series mower.
Grasshopper 41
Toro Timemaster 30
Stihl handhelds
5 x 8 landscape trailer w/rack
SOLO OPERATION
84 accounts cutting grass and loving it!
Old 01-10-2013, 10:05 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I think you'll get good service out of it...not the mower I'd want to hand over to a crew, but for an owner/operator who presumably isn't going to be beating the crap out of it, it should be fine.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:46 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a clear difference lawn View Post
Do not clean the air filter more often than recommended in the engine manual. Overservicing will cause more dirt to end up in your engine. Very nice mower!! I love it when they are all clean and shiny. Try to post an update on how it runs, cuts, etc. Good luck this season!
Correction lol I mean replacing the air filter sooner than needed. I am a FREAK about maintenance. Yes shiny is always good! And will do and good luck to you as well!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-10-2013, 11:55 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a clear difference lawn View Post
In your pics the deck on the mower you bought looks pretty darn stout. What is the difference in the S series deck? You can put whatever tires you want on it for less than $200. If you watch your idle when you engage and disengage, the clutch should last plenty long. I'm guessing the S series still uses transaxles and not separate pumps and wheel motors. I think for 2k in difference you made a great decision. I just don't see that much more value in the S series mower.
Yes it is very stout. On the e series it comes with a series 2 deck(on exmark site and booklet it says that wrong) and the s series has a series 3 or 4 I believe. The difference is the deepness by about one inch with the series 2 being shallower. As far as the clutch there's like a 25 lbs difference so what you said is kind of what I figured. And I cannot remember the models but I want to say the e series pump model has the 2800 and the s series has the 3100 so the s still has separate pumps and motors, just a little more beefed up. And no I couldn't justify it other than looks because if taller wider tires and believe it or not the sales guys talked me out of the s series from day one
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-10-2013, 11:58 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G View Post
I think you'll get good service out of it...not the mower I'd want to hand over to a crew, but for an owner/operator who presumably isn't going to be beating the crap out of it, it should be fine.
No I totally agree with that and I have two guys that work with me in the summer and still I will be the only one operating it because that makes a huge difference in longevity of expensive components in my opinion lol
Posted via Mobile Device