Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-09-2013, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Thank you Inzane

I'm new to this site. Thanks for the direction.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:31 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Last September, I put out signs that simply said this...LAWN AERATION TEXT THEYARDBOY to 90210. I put those signs out around 6AM and by noon I had 6 jobs booked at $150 each.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i've always wanted to do the sign thing, but i keep hearing that in my area their are potentially pretty big fines for that. I see them pulling signs out of the ground all the time.. (the county sheriff truck) I thought about putting them up from 5p.m. till dark on certain intersections near communities i'd like to be working in. if i pull them up and don't leave them out there all the time mabee i'll be OK. guess i'm gonna have to check the laws in GA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey4671 View Post
Last September, I put out signs that simply said this...LAWN AERATION TEXT THEYARDBOY to 90210. I put those signs out around 6AM and by noon I had 6 jobs booked at $150 each.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:09 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the input.I have decided to go with craigslist,local news paper,and signs
Old 01-10-2013, 12:16 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inzane View Post
i've always wanted to do the sign thing, but i keep hearing that in my area their are potentially pretty big fines for that. I see them pulling signs out of the ground all the time.. (the county sheriff truck) I thought about putting them up from 5p.m. till dark on certain intersections near communities i'd like to be working in. if i pull them up and don't leave them out there all the time mabee i'll be OK. guess i'm gonna have to check the laws in GA.
Where I placed my signs was just outside the city limits on roads people traveled to get to the interstate to commute to work. City pulls them up pretty quick if they are inside city limits. County here is pretty lax about it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-10-2013, 11:24 AM
LawnSite Member

Your Site

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogradys View Post
Personally, I've never seen many results from direct mail... In my opinion, a website is by far your best bet for finding new work. Hire a designer and developer to create your site, and if you can't afford a web designer, there are many cheaper options that allow you to build your own site such as http://virb.com/ or http://www.squarespace.com/ Once you do that, create a budget to start advertising using Google Adwords, and you can target local audiences through their mapping system. I've seen by far the best results from this method, as everyone is turning to the web for their source of info. Just my 2 cents.
Hey Your Site looks really nice who did yours ? Did it come with some type of Sco to help with google ?
Old 01-10-2013, 04:48 PM
LawnSite Member

I put myself on Google Places and Yahoo. My Facebook page is about 35% of my business and the local Chamber of Commerce is another 35 to 40 %. I havent spent one dime on ad words and if you Google Jacobsen Lawn Service Oswego Il you will see all those listings were free. I was forced to advertise with no money

2010 Toyota Tundra
2011 18' Rice Trailer W/Sidegate
2008 12' Doolittle Open Trailer
2007 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 4X4
2011 52" Wright Stander X
2010 36" Wright Stander RH
2008 52" Toro Timecutter
3 Stihl FS110R Trimmers
Stihl FS100 Trimmer
Stihl HL 100Z Hedge Trimmer
Sthil MS290 Chainsaw
Sthil FC95 Stick Edger