Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-11-2012, 04:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmore.Landscaping View Post
Or you could just get a smart phone and have full access to all emails at anytime....

I hate having information in different areas, then when you go to look it up you can't remember if it was a text, email , whatever.
I have a smartphone, it's with me all the time. On my phone if I had the email app refreshing all day waiting for the leads, my battery would die before noon. not only that, but I'd get notifications from emails that aren't leads and I'd interrupt production time for a task that has no/limited potential of increasing my bottom line. This way I get immediate notification, I can glance at my screen and decide whether to stop mowing and call or just that my wife wants to say hi and see how my day is going.

Further, it adds several things to my web page. First, another method of contact, which I think is a good thing. They might email, or call, but I think this addition is one that people will appreciate. Second, I can track conversions. Third, it's nearly instant response to the prospect. people like that. hot leads are good leads.

Just having the tech is not good enough, you have to push to use it to its fullest potential, otherwise you are wasting resources.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I guess I get a littlw what your saying, but your phone should be able to get emails all day without killing the battery. If not its time for a new phone. Also I can set a specific ring tone to am email address so if the lead comes from the website that is a special ring tone so I don't even need to look I can just listen.

And to be honest, I am not sure what your stats are but typically for me I don't need to get back to people that fast. If I am within 24hrs I am happy, if they have found someone else by then well I probably wouldn't have been able to fit them into my schedule anyway.

I don't want customers who are just looking for the first avalible landscaper I want people who know my work, know the quality and are willing to wait to get the job done right.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-11-2012, 05:01 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
I don't need to get back to people that fast. If I am within 24hrs I am happy,

I don't want customers who are just looking for the first avalible landscaper I want people who know my work, know the quality and are willing to wait to get the job done right.
Posted via Mobile Device
Gilmore, the quick response is more an issue of the customer not thinking they sent a web contact form into a black hole and liking that they were professionally contacted, or acknowledged, with some sense of importance or immediacy. It can set the tone for how you do business and the customer sees this reflected. In the current climate of immediacy (for better or worse, our culture is now centered on it), this goes a long way in letting them know you are an actual, legitimate business who would like to work with them.

This further opens the door to begin that relationship that you want, which is being able to show them your quality and that the work will get done right. Every little bit works in concert with the other.

-
Old 06-14-2012, 08:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Been doing that for a few years now. I however ask a few more questions than you do so I can get as much background information as I can before I call them. My form is dynamic so it reveals more questions based upon their answers as they are completing the form. Try clicking some bubbles and checkboxes to see what I mean.

http://kirkslawncare.com/estimate/

Old 06-24-2012, 11:56 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

In the 2 weeks since the feature has been live it has netted me $250 in new monthly contracts and $300 in one time services.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:33 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Or you could just get a smart phone and have full access to all emails at anytime....

I hate having information in different areas, then when you go to look it up you can't remember if it was a text, email , whatever.
Easy enough to send it both via text and via email. Use the text for just a quick response and then follow up with the email from home.

I also like the idea of sending out a welcome and thank you email automatically after the visitor filled out the form.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:51 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

If having that feature works better for you that's great. I personally have all my e-mail accounts hooked up to my phone. I guess checking a text is a tiny bit faster. Any little thing to get ahead is great!
Old 01-15-2013, 12:10 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
I guess I get a littlw what your saying, but your phone should be able to get emails all day without killing the battery. If not its time for a new phone. Also I can set a specific ring tone to am email address so if the lead comes from the website that is a special ring tone so I don't even need to look I can just listen.

And to be honest, I am not sure what your stats are but typically for me I don't need to get back to people that fast. If I am within 24hrs I am happy, if they have found someone else by then well I probably wouldn't have been able to fit them into my schedule anyway.

Posted via Mobile Device
Wow! I really don't know what to say except that when I am the customer I appreciate a quick response. I thought everyone did. Let me put it to you this way...I may spend six weeks or six months deciding whether or not to buy a new car or truck. But once I have made the decision there will be a new car in my driveway that night. My last two trips to the dealer both resulted in two new vehicles in my driveway. You see once a customer makes the decision to purchase you should strike while they are in the buying mood (and before something else takes spending priority).
Old 01-15-2013, 12:15 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbw View Post
Wow! I really don't know what to say except that when I am the customer I appreciate a quick response. I thought everyone did. Let me put it to you this way...I may spend six weeks or six months deciding whether or not to buy a new car or truck. But once I have made the decision there will be a new car in my driveway that night. My last two trips to the dealer both resulted in two new vehicles in my driveway. You see once a customer makes the decision to purchase you should strike while they are in the buying mood (and before something else takes spending priority).
EXACTLY. This past year, I started using text messaging even more and to be honest, I had customers tell me that they hired me simply because of my rapid response time. When I say rapid, I'm talking within a MINUTE of the customer's initial contact with me. I've had people I have booked work with and gotten paid without ever seeing them or speaking with them. The only contact I've had with them is text message.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey4671 View Post
When I say rapid, I'm talking within a MINUTE of the customer's initial contact with me.
Do you actually reply right away, or does the iZigg service you use let you put in auto responders until you can call?

I'd give it a try for my business, but $99/month for their cheapest plan, ouch. Their FAQ showed a demo version, but heck , in looking more I can't find anywhere to sign up. Will have to email them to sign up I guess.