Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-08-2013, 10:54 AM
LawnSite Member

Renewing Contracts

How was everyone renewing contracts for customers. Does anybody do roll over contracts. We have so many customers and sending out contracts to everyone takes so long. Does anyone just send letters out saying just sign a copied letter

Please help
Old 01-10-2013, 01:43 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have contracts that are auto renew with all my commercials that sign my contract. Some clients, I sign theirs if I win the bid. The majority of residential I send out proposals they sign and mail or email back.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:29 AM
LawnSite Member

Do customers like the auto renew or do they ***** about it. And do your crews ever show up and the customer don't want the service
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-10-2013, 09:38 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We are putting auto-renew on all our contracts this spring as well. Most of our clients are with us, year after year after year - so it's pretty much just a waste of time to print and send out agreements every year for them to sign. UNLESS there is a price increase or change - then they get a new one to sign with an explanation. The customer can get out of the agreement with a 2 week notice so they really have no reason to complain about it. Plus if they are unhappy it's probably because they are too cheap and aren't a good fit anyways. =D I actually don't think I've had ONE person express concern over the agreement ever....and this is in a very rural area where no one else in the business does it. Just make sure it is written up well, so it addresses concerns of customers and contractor so they don't feel "trapped if they sign". That's my take..=D

Jason
Old 01-10-2013, 10:24 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Everyone gets carried over from year to year unless they cancel. They are informed of all this when they agree to service. I keep in communication over the winter with everyone anyway. There is always something to do and I send out emails at least once to twice per month over the cool months anyway. The key here is communication.