Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-13-2012, 08:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Happy for ya! I here ya about saving at the nursery etc. That is my predicament now that i want to be able to offer almost all services to customers, instead of them having to hire 4 people to do all the different jobs; lawn care, bed work, fertilizer, pruning, light tree pruning, etc. If i had the certification i would feel more comfortable saying i do this or that. You know what i mean.
About the 2nd test attempt, when i test again, won't they send me the 2nd version? I remember the test i took had on the top, 'Test 1'. So wouldn't the next one be slightly or completely different? It will probably be on the stuff i actually studied for on the 1st one! Thanks again for your help.

Scott
Old 03-25-2012, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Alas, i did not pass! But i didn't miss by much, so i am going to study up and take it again in a few weeks. I'll try and update. Thanks again!

Scott
Old 01-10-2013, 10:00 AM
LawnSite Member

I am taking the Landscape Horticulturalist exam tomorrow. Just finished the certification class I took to prepare me. Make you a set of flash cards for the deficiencies. That helped me learn them a lot. I don't know where y'all are getting this "big book" your talking about. The Louisiana Manual For the Environmental Horticulture Industry isn't very big at all. Well, good luck to all you guys. And stay tuned for Artistic Land Crafters, LLC
Old 02-14-2013, 11:33 AM
LawnSite Member

Has anyone taken the exam lately that can offer any insight or is it pretty much the same? I plan on taking the exam in the next couple of weeks and would like to know what to concentrate on.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Concentrate on the calculations for mulch and soil layout and well as the calculations for fertilizer and know the trees that are native to La. I took it a year ago....but these are the things that I .

Chad Clark
225-257-5566
chad@clarkunlimited.com
www.clarkunlimited.com
www.facebook.com/culawns
La. Licensed Landscape Horticulturist
La. Licensed Ornamental & Turf Pesticide Applicator
La. Licensed Irrigation Contractor

Last edited by Big C; 02-14-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:37 PM
LawnSite Member

thanks for the info. I'm going to try and consolidate all the info once I take the exam and post it here for everyone else. Just doesn't seem to be much info out there on what is actually on the exam. Hopefully, I'll remember to post the day I take the exam so it will be all fresh in my noggin.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

BigC pretty much covered it. DO NOT post on here specifics that are on the test. The cover sheet to the test is a signed paper where you state no one provided you with info on the test and you will not share the info.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-14-2013, 01:59 PM
LawnSite Member

no, just areas that testers need to really study and possibly ones that they never seem to ask questions on too, so you're not stressing over something the never ask about. I know I get to be a ball of nerves before a big exam and want to try and alleviate that as much as possible and pass it the first time.

Does anyone remember when you had to match a plant to it's name were the pictures legible? It wasn't like a copy of a copy of a copy was it?
Old 02-14-2013, 02:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

No pictures. Plant matching was scientific names and common native plants to La.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-14-2013, 02:14 PM
LawnSite Member

one more: what is the formula for mulch calculations? I can't seem to find it anywhere in the Louisiana Manual.