Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-10-2013, 10:53 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G View Post
As I'm reading your post I'm thinking...what an idiot...you know you can easily edit your template yourself...you paid someone...ahahahha. And then I scrolled down and saw your new form and I have to say that it really does look soooo much better. Very nice!

P.S. - The only thing for me is that I use double window envelopes for mailing everything so I'd need to maintain that format...I'm sure it could be done though.
Yeah I know how you feel, cause I feel the same way about you. (Mom shoot's intruder thread)
All Echo hand helds
<- That's how I feel at the end of the day.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:20 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsslawncare View Post
Yeah I know how you feel, cause I feel the same way about you. (Mom shoot's intruder thread)
If you're basing your opinion of me on my posts in the political forum it makes me wonder who really fits that description, lol.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I quit trying to figure out what people are thinking anymore, and I definitly don't judge people without being able to meet them in person and gaining some sort of repor with them, and even then I don't judge, people are people and I leave it at that, makes life much simpler.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Not to get too off topic here, but my posts in the professional portions of this site clearly reflect my opinions on things, but those in the political formum might be made just for the purposes of presenting an alternate view for the sake of arguement....ya know. Personally I wonder what the political board is even doing on this site sometimes and why some of the language and behavior exhibited there is tollerated.

But this discussion doesn't belong here. If you've got a problem with me JSS, feel free to shoot me a PM where we can discuss it without subjecting others to it....no need to stalk and badger me on the professional portions of the site.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:49 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghopper3345 View Post
They do. I know that there are different size double window envelopes. Not sure of the number I would have to ask my office manager. But we send it in a double with a return envelope for the customer
Posted via Mobile Device
Have YOU personally looked at the invoice once it is in the envelope?

Your customer address and your logo/address are on the same line as each other, your old form, the customer address is in the bottom and your return address would have been in the upper left of the envelope. This new one, if you are using a double window envelope with both windows to the left and on top of each other, only your customer information is showing in both windows, so if a piece of mail is undelivered, it has no way to return to you. Unless the form you are mailing is something different than the one on the right in your original post, I do not understand how you are mailing them out with your address and the customer address on the same horizontal line.. how is your postal carrier and the auto sorting machine able to determine which is the "to" address and which is the "from or return" address? I'm not trying to bust your balls or anything, just trying to gain an understanding of how these are being mailed, when every piece of mail on my desk has the return top left and the "to" under it.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:10 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Exactly! There is no way that is going to work with any double window envelope, don't care what you say.
Also I would clean up your logo and information on the right. The logo steps on your phone number. Do you really need the number there twice? Matter of fact I would put the logo and address information on the top left so it WILL work with a double window envelope. Put the customer site location somewhere else as well as your phone number and email address.

Last edited by CL&T; 01-11-2013 at 01:17 AM.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:23 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

They make double window envelopes with the windows in multiple different places. He says they line up...can't you just take his word for it?
Old 01-11-2013, 10:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G View Post
They make double window envelopes with the windows in multiple different places. He says they line up...can't you just take his word for it?
No! I know what I see! Unless he has magic envelopes there is no way that is going to work! And even if there was an envelope in that configuration it isn't going to make it through the mail. He comes here saying what a great job somebody did for him. It does look good except for a few mistakes.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:37 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

OK...not my battle, lol.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:19 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

You guys crack me up LOL

Tags
estimates , forms , invoices , quickbooks